Now what's going on with YouTube?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Yes, I find that incredibly annoying as well; not only that, but it also abolishes two very useful features that Google Images had: "Similar" and "More sizes". :smirk:
Google has a "Search By Image" feature with these features intact. Click the camera and either enter an image URL or upload an image. On the results page, you can view "All sizes" for the image, or small, medium and large individually, if available. There is also a link to "visually similar images" with a few samples.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with getting youtube to load?

At first I thought it was just my internet, but my dad says he wasn't able to get youtube to load from the kindle at his work. Also, other video players like springboard and blip load lightening fast. If it was my internet, those wouldn't be loading either. I can just barely get anything to load on 240p and usually when my internet is slow I can :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've had issues with loading for a while now, but it's only gotten worse in the last few days.

Sometimes, it takes upward of a minute for a video to fully load, and occasionally when it finally does, sometimes it still loads as the video plays (so, it'll pause automatically to wait for more of it to buffer, etc). Sometimes as well, if you replay the video, then you have to wait for it to load all over again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, with enough patience I can get stuff to load. It's funny though. I looked at the youtube speed test and my average speed is about 7 mbps, only now its dropped down to 3, though something tells me that's not even right :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of loading problems today, but I did take a speed test myself, and while I too am in the 7ish area, looking at other networks, I'm trailing a little behind the average of the rest of my state, and the U.S. in general (but still doing better than the global average).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is YT now reopening that large ad on the homepage like every other hour? It's getting really annoying having to disable AdFender, refresh the page, close the ad, re-enable AdFender, then refresh the page again just to remove this big white void on the homepage from where the ad would be blocked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why I usually wait until after I first login to YT and close the ad before I enable AdFender, so I don't have to put up with the void.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I never get that problem with my AdBlock extension (for Google Chrome) Perhaps it's part of a site update I haven't got yet. If it is, then that's really gonna suck.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Is Anyone Else Getting NO SOUND FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS, Okay, So I'm Currently Watching A Video Of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, AND THERE'S NO SOUND AT ALL, Is Anyone Else Experincing This Problem Or Is It Just Me, Because I Wanna Know