Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The problem that Drtooth mentioned previously is now becoming more and more common with me, where the video will just randomly end altogether halfway through, or at some other point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't even like things anymore.

Ugh. And then I refresh the page to try and get likes to work, only to get that sad Google error page with that piece of crap robot on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I rarely like videos anyway. The only time I like a video is if one of mine gets an excessive amount of dislikes from trolls, then I'll give myself sympathy likes to try and out number the dislikes.

Other than that, I think the whole like/dislike thing was a incredibly stupid replacement for the old 1-5 star ratings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Other than that, I think the whole like/dislike thing was a incredibly stupid replacement for the old 1-5 star ratings.

Eh... I wish they'd get rid of dislike. Just likes. If they're going the "let's steal from Facebook" thing, just starve the trolls that dislike everything for the lulz.

Still, it's very frustrating that I can't like half the videos I want to. Mostly promotional stuff and some great YTP's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, they kind of changes the homepage again, slightly...

Instead of "What to Watch" being just a shuffled feed of what people have uploaded, liked, favorited, commented on, etc., NOW you get rows of samples of "popular videos" from your subscriptions.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Seems like the lesser of the two evils. Half the tim the recommended videos were things I would NEVER watch

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My recommended seem to be fairly relevant to what I actually watch, so yeah... :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That and I still can't freaking like anything.

Seriously. Stop screwing around with superficial new stuff and fix the insane amount of clumsy, idiotic glitches that plague the site.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously. Stop screwing around with superficial new stuff and fix the insane amount of clumsy, idiotic glitches that plague the site.
You KNOW they're NOT going to do that until the NEXT major update/overhaul, and knowing them and how unpredictable their updates are, it can be anywhere between several months to a few years. :smirk:

Lately, I've noticed they switch back and forth between the previous video player, and their new player... BOTH of which have pros and cons...

With the previous player, you're able to actually change the playback settings (360, 480, 720, etc), but it's still presently plagued with loading/buffering issues.

The new player, on the other hand, has no issues with loading the videos, nor are there any lags with jumping ahead or back in the play bar, but the new player doesn't allow you to change the playback settings, so all videos are stuck in 360 by default (though somehow, they think the playback speed options makes up for it?)