Now what's going on with YouTube?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
X-Box and Playstation basically kick Nintendo's butt with the same games over and over with better graphics. All Nintendo needs to do is just make a plain system that's more powerful. No more innovations.

part of Nintendo's problem is they're wanting to be a pure family console...which isnt a bad thing at all, i am all for having a good family/kid friendly out let, but they have had to make different versions of games for the Wi and WiU instead of just changing the format like Xbox and Playstaion...so they lack in games for every player

ANYWAYS on youtube....anyone notice you now can just click a button and be partner and get all the same benifits you used to have to try and earn back in the day and be rejected

Drtooth

Reaction score
part of Nintendo's problem is they're wanting to be a pure family console...which isnt a bad thing at all, i am all for having a good family/kid friendly out let, but they have had to make different versions of games for the Wi and WiU instead of just changing the format like Xbox and Playstaion...so they lack in games for every player
Except they've had that problem since they started selling consoles in the US, and it only really cost them back then when Mortal Kombat came around.

The making games and gadgets specifically for non-gamers worked well for Wii... but Wii U is too innovative. There are things that are inherently clever... being able to play on the Game Boy controller when someone kicks you off the TV... but it just doesn't gel that well. Still, I wonder how the next Gen consoles are going to do. I don't want to say that we've taken gaming technology as far as it can go... but with the X-Box's Kinect motion capture device and Pixar Quality graphics in most video games, there's not many barriers left to break. And the sad thing is the next barrier is having all video games as download only. That's going to be fun when the domino effect of video game stores closing down starts.

As for Youtube... I FREAKING hate their basis for recommended videos. Every time I watch one video this one time, I get nothing but results related to it until I delete that video from my history. I watched a Simpsons clip where Frink goes "Pi is EXACTLY Three!!!" and I got a whole mess of Pi videos I never wanted to watch in the first place.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, like I said, one rumor floating around is the Xbox is going to have a projector to project things on your wall. Whats on tv is still the main action, whats outside is pretty much there to "enhance" your experience.

Also, the next playstation is supposed to have streaming capabilities so that you can play a game and your friends can watch. Heh...might make live lets plays easier.

Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by trying to market the Wii as a family console. The Wii U confused those people. They didn't realize it was a new console and thought it was just a peripheral. They also want the Wii U to have more M rated games, but the problem is, most gamers will still with the xbox or ps3. On top of that, it took nintendo 8 years to catch up to the competition as far as hardware power and now they are already obsolete with the new systems coming out. Although Microsoft has really made a lot of people mad...

Pixar quality graphics is an understatement. Some games shoot for photorealism...

Seriously...I could talk about this kind of thing all day...SOMEONE STOP ME!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by trying to market the Wii as a family console. The Wii U confused those people.
i may be wrong on this by now but one of Nintendo's falls was also online gaming they where one of the last ones to do it, and the refusal to have their consoles be more dvd players as well

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i may be wrong on this by now but one of Nintendo's falls was also online gaming they where one of the last ones to do it, and the refusal to have their consoles be more dvd players as well
Those are a few minor reasons. The reason why nintendo is falling behind is because the wii alienated a lot of long time nintendo fans. They focused more on family games and less on the "hardcore games." People who wanted good M rated games just went to sony or Microsoft. Many people who bought wiis sold them due to lack of interest and lack of exclusive games worth keeping. The people who have wiis now are people who would never touch a video game if it wasn't for wii sports or any of the other wii party games.

But the Wii U is barely selling right now for the reasons mentioned above. Lack of games and confusing marketing. The Wii's target audience thinks the Wii U is a perepheral instead of a new console. It doesn't help that the Wii U's capablity came so late when the PS3 and Xbox have already had the quality graphics a wii u has.

Gamers can get past lack of dvd support. I have NEVER seen that as an excuse for why someone hates the wii. Its always lack of good online, lack of games, and poor graphics.

My wii is currently being used to stream netflix. I haven't played an actual game on it in months

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Yea my Ex had a Wii and she was never a gamer she uses it for netflix, and i sold mine years ago for the same reasons..lack of games i only owned super smash bros

Misskermie

Reaction score
I... Am the only one who uses it for non party games... :embarrassed:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I... Am the only one who uses it for non party games... :embarrassed:
I really need to get back into playing No More Heroes. I bought it, played the first two areas, then just stopped. I think the chores and money making is monotonous and the levels are too long without save points. Otherwise a great hack n slash game with fountains of blood that only uses motion controls for finishers, not main combat, so instant points in my book. Madworld I did beat, another hack n slash game. It does use motion controls that aren't always responsive, but man that game is unique. The plot isn't. You're part of a game show where the only goal is to kill and survive. Its like Smash TV to the extreme (gah...old arcade games no one remembers :stick_out_tongue:)

And here I go, babbling again...oh well...off to make a thread about the Nextbox...Xbox One

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now if you try to watch a video in a quality higher than default 360p, it comes out pixelated (like when enlarging a pic in Windows 7).