Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... I finally got around to making a logo or whatever for this stupid new YouTube One Channel layout (my official channel that is, I've gone on strike on my GroverKent channel),a nd I have to ask... WHY did YT feel the need to mess up the brightness, contrast, and saturation of the logo to make it look like a washed out picture on an old and dated TV set?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I swear, ever since they upgraded us all to "YouTube One Channel", among other crap, it's like now they're just looking for ways to let us know they're just sitting there screwing with us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I just discovered ONE useful thing about the new channel layout...

Apparently, on channels you're subscribed to, you can now edit preferences where you can select to only see their uploads in feeds... which is great, because as I've said before, I'm much more interested in seeing what people like Drtooth have recently uploaded, as opposed to what they've liked, commented on, favorited, etc.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's been quite a few times lately when I've logged into YouTube and they suggested I change my channel name to my own name. At times I've considered, but there are reasons I haven't. I have done quite a few videos about my channel, with the channel name in the title, so if I changed it to my own name, it'd become what TV Tropes calls "Artifact Title" (well, if I changed it I doubt I'd refer to the old name in new videos, but it might seem confusing to newcomers who watch videos with the channel name in the title). Also, from time to time I've made my own "business cards" for my channel, including name and link.... If I changed the channel name and gave away the remaining "business cards" would it redirect?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said a page or two back, YouTube somehow went and changed my name on a number of the videos I uploaded on my GroverKent channel, even though I had declined switching to my name MULTIPLE TIMES, because I didn't want to mix people up between it and my other/official channel.

Matter of fact, after all this talk, you know what I'm half tempted to do at this point? Do a follow-up video of the one I just did complaining about the One Channels (and pointing out this is the third time now they've done this to us), compiling a list of grievences I have against YT. On the subject of TV Tropes, their YMMV page for YT jogged my memory of some of the things they did that were just plain stupid and senseless.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I just discovered ONE useful thing about the new channel layout...

Apparently, on channels you're subscribed to, you can now edit preferences where you can select to only see their uploads in feeds... which is great, because as I've said before, I'm much more interested in seeing what people like Drtooth have recently uploaded, as opposed to what they've liked, commented on, favorited, etc.
... Oh, what a surprise... it doesn't even work... big shock!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love how helpful it is, always giving me 144 p. Especially since I NEVER WANT IT EVER!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm assuming YT at least realized there are some people out there who have either really slow internet connections, or really old computers, or both... because I'll tell ya, for a while there with my old computer, 360p would start playing choppy after a minute or so. Then, once the virus struck and messed the whole thing up, even 240p became choppy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it... YT actually did something smart for a change! They separated Closed Ad from the large homepage ad into it's own tab below it... now I no longer have to keep turning off AdFender, refreshing the homepage, closing the ad to get rid of the large white blank space where the ad is hidden, turn AdFender back on, and refresh the page again. That was REALLY becoming a hassle, especially this past weekend, where it was like YT opened the ad every two hours.