Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Um...everyone I'm looking at is the weird new one :/

Or did it "fix" itself? XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep. Just as I suspected: a day later, and everybody's channels are back to the crappy "One" design.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently we can no longer watch videos over 480p without it freezing every minute.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying! They no longer let you load the video, and you have to have a freaking Fios connection to stream. No wonder they're dumping 144 p on us. They want to screw with people who have a not super high speed 100+ dollars a month service.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And the thing of it is, that's exactly the kind of service I have! I have internet through Comfinicast or whatever they wanna call themselves, not to mention my computer is completely maxed out as far as memory and diskspace is concerned, so there's really no reason why I should even have loading problems... but then again, a number of us have been having similar problems with MC lately, so, obviously, the problem really does lie in the other end and not with us.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As much as people deny it, youtube eats up a lot of bandwidth for your service provider. A lot of them throttle your loading speeds on youtube, sicne that's were you use up the most bandwidth. it saves them money while costing you more to upgrade when you don't have to. We go through bouts of youtube being slow and its always around our billing period

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ironically, the bill was just paid yesterday.

But... gee, I'm starting to think that YT somehow keeps bypassing adblockers or something; my AdFender just upgraded earlier in the week, and so far, it's the ONLY site where the ads aren't blocked, not even commercials on videos. Rully frustrating.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, its usually the tail end and very start of our billing period that it happens. And really, try another ad block program or check to make sure that youtube isn't on the program's whitelist that allows adds to show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm getting that red bar someone mentioned in a previous page: anytime I click on My Subscriptions, or anything that's within the homepage, a red loading bar appears at the very top of the page.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'd really like to know the point of the page loading bar. It's the stupidest concept I have ever seen.

in other news, I made another gmail account cause I needed another email address so i can make more tumblr blogs for fictional characters hehehe and apparently, now they are instantly signing you up for Google Plus EVEN IF YOU UNCHECK THE BOX THAT ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT TO JOIN. Yeah...I was so not happy about that. I clicked the thing that said to click it if you want to delete your Google + account but idk if it worked or not. I'm almost scared to even check in fear it might reactivate it or something. I put in a fake name anyway so its not too big a deal...but wow...

None of my other accounts are linked to google + in any. I swear, if my school email address gets linked to G+ because its hosted by gmail (my college has its own gmail domain)...there's going to be ****. Not that they'd actually do anything about it.

I guess I can just make a bunch of yahoo emails...except I ALWAYS have problems logging in to yahoo.