Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Refrains from more Hitler comments*

When's the last time they did ANYTHING that actually had a point to the concept?

But as for Google+, for some reason when I switched to using my real name on my official YouTube, that somehow was their way of hooking me up with a Google+ account, yet on my old GroverKent channel, they automatically started switching to my real name on a number of my uploads despite repeatedly declining to switch to my real name on that account, and I don't believe I have a Google+ through that account.

As for Yahoo!, been using them for twelve years, and never had a problem logging in with them; are you sure your account(s) wasn't hacked or something?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Pretty sure they weren't. I dunno. I can eventually log in but every time its a chore.

No idea what I'm doing wrong. I find it hard to believe I KEEP typing my password wrong.

But that is why I NEVER use my real name when signing up for things in case that information is made public. Somehow my main email address on google still lists my name as "none ..." XP

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was one of your best Poops that's for sure. IMHO, however, I think the Crowning Moment of Funny from that one was the inclusion of random Mama Luigi in the title card for the 3D episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm more proud of the 3-D clip. Seriously, this is one of my best works. ALL the clips came together in a way I couldn't have dreamed of. The courtroom sequence in Muppet Babies and one the just so consequentially comes from Yo-Yogi. That worked to my advantage really well and it brought forth an actual message.

But really... Recognition! After years of bashing my head in trying to get something out there, trying to start memes and stuff... I got something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, ZippCast has been shut down. Not by Google, or any of their representatives, apparently, the ZippCast staff themselves went and shut it down; the site had been down all week supposedly for maintenance, but word leaked out today that the guys running it decided to just simply shut it down with no actual explanation to the public.

Oh well, admittedly, ZippCast wasn't all that great anyway. Yes, it was nice having an alternative to YouTube that recaptured the original YT, but for what it's worth, their video playback was iffy, certain basic characters weren't even allowed in video titles, the site in general had bugs and glitches that you had to work around... just about the only worthy things of ZC was that videos uploaded and processed quickly, and you could actually choose your own thumbnails.

Besides, Upload Society has been doing much better for me anyway: I've actually gotten a small number of subscribers and traffic over there, the whole site has more personality to it, the video quality is a little better, and the staff actually takes time to reach out to you.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I could choose my thumbnails on youtube. Did they change it since I last uploaded something like a month ago?

Or do you mean actually make a custom one and not pick from presets?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both. You could upload your own, and you could choose from preset, but instead of just three of the worst still shots from the video itself you can imagine, you could choose a thumbnail from practically every other frame of the video. On YT, those are pay features for partner channels.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
When did they change choosing from the three to a partner channel feature? O_0 Like I said, I could still do it about a month ago but I haven't uploaded anything recently

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I mean uploading your own thumbnail, or selecting a different still from the video instead of the three presets are partner-only features. Everybody else still gets the three, but partners can upload their own, or choose from more than three.