Now what's going on with YouTube?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Okay... I remember what happened with Google Chrome. The video did indeed load, but for some strange reason, the fullscreen didn't work. It made everything black but the small, same sized video.
Google Chrome works fine for me almost all the time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a new glitch that actually does something good for a change... for some reason, new comments, or replies to comments are now being sent to the inbox as PMs... that works out great, because you only receive notifications for PMs and nothing else anymore (and let me tell you, I had a new PM last night, and found dozens of comments I didn't even know I had, all because YT doesn't send out any **** notifications for them anymore).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, they're getting ever more vigilante... I got a strike IMMEDIATELY after a new video was uploaded and processed. The exact second that video was finished processing, I got a copyright strike. Wow.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Man, they're getting ever more vigilante... I got a strike IMMEDIATELY after a new video was uploaded and processed. The exact second that video was finished processing, I got a copyright strike. Wow.
What was the video? I better be careful.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a trope that keeps running through my mind right now: Nice Job Breaking It, Hero.

For two weeks, nobody had been able to upload anything to Upload Society, because they had to buy all new servers for people to do so - it took the US staff all this time to work out all the kinks and get the servers up and running so people could upload content again.

Guess what happened?

So many people started uploading so much content at once that they crashed the server, and now it's all back to square one.

I'm thinking about having them close my account (yeah, we can't do it ourselves); between all the trouble they're having and such, US just really isn't helping me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is it impossible to post a playlist now? Today I wanted to start a playlist for a certain series of videos but can't figure out how. I can't see anything that says "add playlist", just "add section", but I can't figure out which (if any) of the options provided would be best. Playlists I made in the past are still on my channel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably has a stronger filter.

I hate that they go ballistic after clips. Clips do nothing but make you want to watch the full show. It's free advertising as far as I'm concerned.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh cool... we have another new video player... not only does this one completely do away with 480p again, but it also uses transparency as it completely overlaps the bottom portion of the video itself.

Awesome, what sense does that make?

EDIT: AND today appears to be another one of those days where YT is completely unaffected by ad blocking. Happy-happy, joy-joy. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Figures.

Now that I had my Upload Society account closed, NOW they got everything all fixed and everybody's able to post videos again. :rolleyes:

But in all honesty, posting content on US didn't turn out to be of much help anyway.