1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Now what's going on with YouTube?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

I'm just looking forward to not ever having to change my YT name (which I believe may have been a part of the Google+ implementation). What currently is and has been stays forever.

By the way, does anyone have an issue with searching for videos in Chrome? Often when you search for a video, the results page after popping up will pause and load something for like 5-10 seconds, and you can't scroll up or down, which is annoying.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's gone too!

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Is something wrong with YouTube right now? Because I can't seem to do anything on it at the moment.

4. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

I'm able to use it just fine.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

It must have been down or something because I was getting an error message earlier.

6. D'Snowth

Apparently a golden retriever subscribed to my channel today.

[​IMG]

7. MikaelaMuppet

I had to look all over YouTube and the internet to find this certain cover of a song that I really like a whole lot.

Turns out that the video

8. D'Snowth

It appears notifications are broken again. I mean normally, whenever I login to Gmail, I receive YouTube notifications, but I haven't been for a while now.

9. Schfifty

I get YouTube notifications on my Android phone, but what's weird is that I off and on receive notifications of comments from blocked users.

It's not that big of a deal though, cause they're still hidden, and it can be kinda interesting to see what rigmarole they might say.

How? By pressing its paws on a touchscreen?

10. D'Snowth

Maybe it's just really, really smart? It had to be to be able to type up a comment on one of my videos letting me know it was a playful golden retriever who subscribed to my channel. :p

Weirdest of all, I got a scam email from somebody in India today saying they've estimated what my yearly earning on YouTube would be if I became a partner channel and monetized (through them, of course): a whoppin' $63 a year: they even had a printscreen to prove it. Guess I need to change my password again; unless they doctored the screencap with my channel information and everything, how else would they have been able to access my account to see what my potential monetization would look like? And I had a pretty complicated password that even I often mistype because it's got so many random symbols and characters.

11. D'Snowth

So . . . I'm assuming if you're a partner channel, or have more than a certain number of subscribers, you're allowed more than just three add-ons for your videos endscreen.

12. D'Snowth

Apparently YouTube's introduced something new that they're actually a little late to the punch with: if you hover your cursor over certain thumbnails, you'll see a brief 2-second animated gif of the video itself - this doesn't work for all thumbnails, but a lot of them.

However, other sites like Dailymotion have done this long ago, so as I said, YT's a little late with this one.

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I think that's one of those features Youtube used every so often but then if disappeared after a few days. Because, i'm fairly certain they briefly had that feature before.

14. D'Snowth

Certain features never seem to stick.

After all these years, I still take issue to the fact that one very useful feature they introduced years ago hardly lasted long at all, and that was the pop-out video player.

15. D'Snowth

Heh. Had one new subscriber for only an hour, then they unsubscribed. Lol.

16. Schfifty

Anybody getting any comments from these certain kind of spammers lately?

"Hey,! I love your video and I hope you're having a fantastic day! I'm currently collecting money for poor people in *redacted*: https://*redacted* Even a small donation would be greatly appreciated! Anyways, I wish you the best. :) Peace & Love, *redacted*.

This came from a channel who got thankfully banned recently, but there are a few other identical channels spamming the same similar comment on tons of random videos. My channels unfortunately have been hit by this darn bot. :sympathy:

muppetgem likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

I'm more annoyed with people who subscribe to my channel, then tell me, "Hey, I love your video! I just subscribed to your channel, now please subscribe to mine too!"

I need subscribers, but not ones who subscribe purely for the whole sub-for-sub scam.

muppetgem likes this.
  18. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Here's one thing that annoys me about YouTube:

Those (obvious) annoying little kid comments where they just type one letter or spam a bunch of gibberish.

Or another instance where people feel the need to have to list the Muppet performers in every single Sesame Street skit (sorry, this kind of bugs me a little cause it's like we know who's performing who).

muppetgem likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

YES!!! I hate those like a sickness! Or, when they reply by just simply repeating your name! Gets on my nerves!

But anyway, I suddenly remembered something . . . anybody else remember all the way back in YT's early days, there was a friends system that was separate from subscribers? People could be added to friends lists without necessarily subscribing to channels, or vice-versa. I don't think it served any real purpose, but I don't know why I suddenly remembered that. I also remember another oddity about early YouTube that made even less sense: it was possible to subscribe to other people's favorites.

20. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I remember the "friend" system. I think it pretty much went bye-bye once the current channel design came in in 2013. :rolleyes: