Now what's going on with YouTube?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm lucky that my laptop, as puny in power as it is, is able to run YT videos up to 720p no sweat. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
New problem. YT keeps singing me out when I clearly didn't and don't want to.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
New problem. YT keeps singing me out when I clearly didn't and don't want to.
I've had this issue several times before, and I hated it so much... it doesn't occur too much for me anymore... hope for the same for you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Google's done it AGAIN, BIG TIME.

They've replaced the login pages on all of their products (YouTube, Gmail, whatever) with the exact same to Google login page that says, "One Accountant, One Google"; the problem is if you sign into one product through a certain account, it keeps you logged into that one account on EVERYTHING associated with Google, even if you log out.

For example, I logged into YouTube this morning through that GroverKent account of mine... I signed out, then went to Gmail to check my email... and even though I logged out of GroverKent, Google says I'm still logged in, and there's no option for me to "log out" otherwise, so I can't access my Gmail because my Gmail isn't associated with my GroverKent account, and since that's the account I logged into YouTube with, Google thinks that's my account on everything, so even though I logged off Google, Gmail assumes I'm still logged on as GroverKent, and won't let me do anything more than that.

So I guess now, anytime I want to go back and forth between logging onto YouTube, and checking my Gmail, I'm going to have to go through internet tools, delete the cookies and history, login to one, do what I need to do, log out, go back and delete cookies again, so I can login to the other to do what I need to do.

THANK you Hitler, this is SO convenient for us, just like you wanted.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You do know google allows you to log into multiple accounts and change between them, right? I'm currently logged into three google accounts :s

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now Blogger's acting up this time (GEE WHIZ GOOGLE): for some, strange, perverted reason, whenever you try to upload a new image to your blog directly from your computer, the pic is distorted in one of two ways: either half the pic will load and the other half is a jumbled mess of pixels and wild colors, or the brightness/contrast of the image is lowered making the image dark and hard to see.

And their troubleshooting page is no help whatsoever; it says to make sure popup blockers, adblockers, and other add-ons are disabled (check), that you have the latest version of your browser (check), that you clean out your cookies, temporary internet files, and cache (check), and that you make sure you click "Add selected image" when uploading (redundant?), none of which has solved the problem.

Now I'm sure, after trying to get help from the Google Support Forum, they're probably just going to say, "Switch to Chrome" or something unhelpful like that. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now Blogger's acting up this time (GEE WHIZ GOOGLE): for some, strange, perverted reason, whenever you try to upload a new image to your blog directly from your computer, the pic is distorted in one of two ways: either half the pic will load and the other half is a jumbled mess of pixels and wild colors, or the brightness/contrast of the image is lowered making the image dark and hard to see.

And their troubleshooting page is no help whatsoever; it says to make sure popup blockers, adblockers, and other add-ons are disabled (check), that you have the latest version of your browser (check), that you clean out your cookies, temporary internet files, and cache (check), and that you make sure you click "Add selected image" when uploading (redundant?), none of which has solved the problem.

Now I'm sure, after trying to get help from the Google Support Forum, they're probably just going to say, "Switch to Chrome" or something unhelpful like that. :stick_out_tongue:
Eh, I got a response.

Apparently, Google recently implemented this new "Auto Enhancer" to its entire site, so whenever you upload an image on any of its products, yeah... this also explains why channel logos look wrong on YouTube. :stick_out_tongue:

Apparently you can disable it... but (get this Drtooth, this is a shocker), you have to have a Google+ account to do so. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sorry to triple post here, but here's yet ANOTHER new problem on YT:

Apparently, on certain videos, if you try to move the play head to a certain point in the timeline of the video, the video will instead start playing back from the beginning all over again, each time you click the play head.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm furious at Clip Converter right now.

They got rid of MPG and WMV options, leaving only AVI (which never works and gives you just the sound) and like 3 more options that only work for iTunes crap.

OH! And they also got rid of the option to only convert a part of a video. The site sucks soooo bad now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Clip Converter stopped working for me years ago, and STILL doesn't work for me... but the one thing about them is they always distorted what you downloaded, leaving you with overpixelated clips, which is why I had switched to Zamzar... then Google came around and put the kibosh on them and several others for violate TOS policies, which is why I THEN made the switch over to Keepvid... though Keepvid's MP3 converter recently stopped working, so... yeah.