Now what's going on with YouTube?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
What I don't like is that you are required to have a Google+ profile in order to post a comment on a video. Why do I need to have a profile on Google+ to post a YT comment when I never use Google+? Just a sign of Google+ being merged with YouTube. Call me a traditionalist, it's ridiculous.
I feel the same way. I been using YouTube ever since high school I guess and I did not need a Google+. Completely ruiness!

Changes are good, but this change to use a Google+ account is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic. Ugh!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been uncovered, that Google's motive behind this simply was to compete with Facebook, apparently, Google already being the Hitler of the internet isn't enough for them, they have to get in on the social media bandwagon as well: they launched Google+ a few years back, saw nobody cared, let alone even used it, so they figure since everybody uses YouTube (which I do believe is pretty much Google's biggest asset), they'll just sync a forced Google+ account to everybody's YouTube account, so that way, all their activity (commenting and sharing in particular) will be done through Google+, giving Google the satisfaction of saying, "Hey, now we're the biggest game in social media instead of Facebook! Look at all this activity Google+ has!"

The thing of it is, for everybody who's spouting out against this are actually only feeding Google's appetite: for every one of those, Bob's Army comments, or swastika, or entire movie scripts, or entire novels, or penises, or even people just up and complaining about the Google+ comment system are contributing to the activity on Google+, which is what Google wants... if people really want to hurt Google, they need to stop commenting altogether! I disconnected Google+ from my goof-off channel (I still have it on my official channel, unfortunately) and don't comment at all, because I have no use for Google+... what people need to do is disconnect Google+ from their YouTube accounts (and it can be done), and just resist the urge to comment on anything, then Google+ will experience a dip in activity, Google will see that, and that will get the message across to them that people don't like this setup... because, again, Google isn't even taking into consideration what we post, all they're paying attention to is that we are posting, which shows Google+ has activity, which is what they want.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I been using YouTube ever since high school I guess and I did not need a Google+. Completely ruiness!

Changes are good, but this change to use a Google+ account is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic. Ugh!
Same here. I got into YouTube back in 2006, before Google bought the service that fall and changed the site like a frenzy the following couple of years. (A little fun fact for you–the first video I ever watched was "A Count of 10", one of Jim Henson's Scanimate videos for Sesame Street!)

I seldom comment on a YT video nowadays, but yeah, it's a change that I find ridiculous. At least we have the Web Archive! :laugh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I am absolutely offended by this.

Imagine Google using puppets to teach a subject on YouTube that YouTube itself is actually sketchy on.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Okay, I am absolutely offended by this.

Imagine Google using puppets to teach a subject on YouTube that YouTube itself is actually sketchy on.
Agreed!

I used to watch some good videos before they were taken down by copyright. Bleh!!

What else could go wrong? :sigh:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Would it be this video from YouTube?
Yes it is! The original video got removed, though—this embedded video was uploaded in 2008.

And about the YouTube Copyright Basics vid, I don't have much to say, but I LOVE the puppet with the orange shirt and live hands that's watching the video on the iMac in the beginning. :smile:

They should make more of these. Seriously.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And we're no longer able to remove crap from feed.

It's bad enough I get "US TOPIC POPULAR" And "WORLDWIDE TOPIC POPULAR" that I have to get rid of at least twice a week... now I can't even get rid of them.