Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or having to remove, "mightyfilm liked these videos 5 hours/2 days/1 year ago". :stick_out_tongue:

Y'know, used to, there was a separate module/widget on the homepage for all of those "Popular" videos and such, but now they're mixed in with our subscriptions, and often times, the subscription uploads aren't even featured in the feed, and if they are, sometimes they'll be moved all the way to the bottom of the page, irregardless of them just being uploaded.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was hoping the fluke was another one of their 24-hour glitches or something, but apparently it's not... you really can't replay videos anymore - the only way you can replay a video is refresh the entire page, or immediately move the playerhead back to the beginning before the vid finishes.

And we still can't remove the excess crap from our homepage anymore. Why do I even bother logging into YT anymore anyway?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I too have AdBlocker Plus, and AdFender, but vids still can't be replayed.

And it takes both of them to keep all of the ads and commercials at bay, because with just one of them alone, they somehow always managed to bypassing blocking.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Now, there's this problem I've had for the last several months with buffering. When I watch a video in 360p, which is my preferred quality for YT videos, and click on a different point of the video, occasionally the video stops buffering temporarily and its quality decreases. If you pop up the video quality options when the video stops buffering, you can see that most of the options higher than what's currently selected turn gray/are unavailable. Anyone had this issue?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth, in spades.

Lately, however, I have noticed that 480p (which I'll select if it's available) is being removed from certain videos, but at least in most of those cases, 720 or 1020 are still available.

While I haven't had the issue with buffering knocking down the playback quality on YT, I have been having that exact same problem on Dailymotion: I'll often watch a video in the highest quality available (ranging from 360 to 720), but if I replay the video, then it will replay in 240, so I have to reset the quality.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Or maybe the problem is the browser. I use Firefox version 3.6.28 (yes, I am a bit misoneist) on my laptop, so I probably would have to upgrade to a newer version to fix the buffering issue on YT. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what the heck is causing the problem.