Now what's going on with YouTube?

Teheheman

Reaction score
See, mine works just fine. Although, I play videos on my phone but, even on my laptop, I STILL can replay videos.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I see Warner Bros. removed a bunch of Whose Line clips, and I'm honestly surprised they left them alone for this long... I can remember way back when, during YouTube's genesis, when WB were really big copyright nazis, you so much as post a YTP or an MV of Whose Line, WB would yank them down before you knew it, so I'm surprised they left actual clips from the show alone for as long as they did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still can't replay videos, and 480p is still not a playback option.

This is some bull.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hoho! I found out about YT's dirty little secret: the reason why it appears you can no longer remove any of the crap from your homepage feed is because that little thingy you click on for that option is hidden behind that menu of recommended channels on the right side of the homepage. You have to look closely, but you can see the edge of the icon like inbetween channel names.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hoho! I found out about YT's dirty little secret: the reason why it appears you can no longer remove any of the crap from your homepage feed is because that little thingy you click on for that option is hidden behind that menu of recommended channels on the right side of the homepage. You have to look closely, but you can see the edge of the icon like inbetween channel names.
Thanks for telling me. I finally got rid of "Homepage Popular" for the first time in a week. I just wish I could block it entirely forever so I never have to delete it again.

Now if only it would stop logging me out every time the system screws up. It happens almost daily now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know what they've done now, but for some reason, videos you watch are no longer being stored in your Watch History... and oddly enough, they're not even showing up in your browser history either... how is that even possible? If I want to watch a certain video again later, I have to basically search for it again, because neither my Watch History on YT or my browser history seem to indicate I even watched it in the first place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know what they've done now, but for some reason, videos you watch are no longer being stored in your Watch History... and oddly enough, they're not even showing up in your browser history either... how is that even possible?
Not even remotely having that problem... however this ticked me off to no end.
I've been having issues with the stability of their site, and I keep getting logged off when I never touch the sign out button at all. It got SO bad that I actually got logged out and had my account switched to an account I NEVER switch to during a video upload which made me have to reupload the video halfway through.

It's not something on my end, it's theirs. That's not even a glitch so much as a royal freaking screw up.

I reiterate... oh the big bad government health care system is a failure because the website sucked. At least they managed to fix most of what was wrong with it, unlike Youtube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only time I find myself getting logged out when I don't actually log myself out are occasions when I close my browser.

It's not everytime I close my browser, but half the time, yes. Of course, part of it is because I can't click the "Remember Me" option, because if I do, then, if I do logout and try to login into Gmail (which is a separate account), it still thinks I'm logging into my GroverKent YT account, which isn't my Gmail account. Similarly, if I click "Remember Me" when I login my Gmail account (which also contains my official YT account), then likewise, I try to login to my GK YT account, but it keeps logging me back into my Gmail account.

So yeah, everytime Google claims they're simplifying things for us, they're really just making it all the more confusing, annoying, and complicated for us.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only time I find myself getting logged out when I don't actually log myself out are occasions when I close my browser.
I don't even close the browser. How could I log out in the middle of uploading a video? Why would I? It's something on their end or something wrong with the connection.