Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't like how it's arranged and organized like a playlist rather than being able to view it in a list like your uploads or likes in your Video Manager.

Oh, and once again, the homepage is flooded with subscription updates from 4, 5, 6, and 7 years ago... WHAT SENSE DOES THIS MAKE?!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really didn't get that problem until just recently. And not so much updates or likes, just videos from people who haven't posted in years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just discovered something, completely by accident.

Notice how that menu on the left side of the site completely disappeared here a couple of weeks ago? Actually, it's still there... if you change the zoom level of your window below 100%, then it's there again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After a nice long break, the glitch that keeps logging me off popped up again. I had to sign back in for 2 days. I'm really getting sick of that.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Anyone else having to reload the page in order to see the comments below the YouTube video?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I've noticed that when you search for a video, the links to channels now have a random string of characters in the URL path instead of the username. Since when did they make this change, and why? Was it done for privacy reasons?

It's only like this on the search results page; anywhere else (like when you're viewing a playlist or watching a video), it shows the username like normal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think ever since YT started forcing people to use their real names, as opposed to usernames/handles, that new accounts registered since then are given that jumble of characters as part of the link to their channels, since usernames/handles are pretty much dead to YT now.

But when it comes to searching for videos, I'm still pretty teed off that YT is only allowing partner channel videos to appear in search results, no matter what specific tags and keywords you use. I know YT favors the partner channels, but honestly, anymore it seems if you're a smaller channel, YT practically just sweeps you under the rug.. that is, unless you already have an established number of subscribers, views, comments, favorites, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm livid about getting logged off.

It used to happen every so often, and it stopped. Now it happens every single day!

Drtooth

Reaction score
3 FREAKING TIMES TODAY!

What is freaking wrong with the server that I have to keep signing in? Seriously.... and they complain about the Government Healthcare website.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That still happens to me only if I actually close my browser, because I don't select to always stay logged in so I can switch between my YT account and my Gmail as needed.