1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Now what's going on with YouTube?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Apr 2, 2010.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

And there's this very generic message:

[​IMG]

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Looks like YouTube is falling back into another old habit of theirs again: where, for whatever reason, certain new uploads won't even show up in your subscription until days later. For example, @hooperfan had uploaded a new clip from SS with Gina and Ruby - accordingly, it was uploaded 3 days ago, but it just now popped up in my subscription feed today.

3. MikaelaMuppet

You know what would be nice? A reasoning for why videos get deleted or are unavailable.

4. D'Snowth

They used to do that, actually.

5. MikaelaMuppet

Wonder why they stopped.

6. D'Snowth

Beats me.

Hey, is anyone else having problems with Google Maps right now? Whenever I enter street view and try to move one way down a street, it actually takes me in the opposite direction. I almost feel like I'm walking down the street backwards.

7. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Pretty soon, they're probably gonna to back to just saying "This account is suspended" again. :shifty:

8. D'Snowth

Is anyone else having to put up with this new annoyance on Facebook: when you go to type a comment, the comment box is instead replaced with another box with five specific friends it wants to you to tag, for whatever reason?

9. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I'm not having that.

10. D'Snowth

Well, that didn't last long. . . .

YouTube went back to capping how many videos you can have in your watch history at a time - now it's down to 30 videos.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. D'Snowth

The Facebook News Feed problem is actually getting worse - in fact, I don't think the Most Recent setting even works at all anymore: even if you've selected Most Recent (which I always do), it just shuffles the content in any random order that makes no sense.

12. D'Snowth

Now YouTube's back to not wanting to load or buffer 1080p videos - only this time, it's been a consistent, ongoing problem for a couple of weeks now.

13. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Why does Jeffrey Dahmer always get into my recommended feeds?

14. D'Snowth

YouTube always pushes videos and channels they want you to subscribe to.

15. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

It's always that one ******* interview; the dude is articulate, but thank God he got what he deserved.

16. D'Snowth

YouTube now has a new feature for creators called "Premieres," where when you schedule a new upload, it basically turns it into a viewing party: it sends your subscribers notifications 30 minutes before the scheduled time, has a countdown, and enables a live feed so you can interact with your subscribers while the video is being played live (and they can't skip through the timeline).

I hope this feature is still around by the time MORON LEAGUE 4 is finally ready to be released.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

So over a week ago, I uploaded my newest music video, and it had reached up to over 100 views.

Now it's down to 44 views.

What the Elmo, YouTube?!

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wha??

Maybe somebody watched it 56 times and YT just decided to count it as one view? Heh, I dunno.

19. D'Snowth

Well I do know for a while there, once a vid reached 301, they would freeze the view count until they verified that each and every view was legit (like, no repeat views from the same account or IP address, or no partial views, etc). But, I mean, gee whiz!

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

apparently youtube has been doing a lot of backend work on the site and its been screwing a lot of things up like views and likes/dislikes