Off-topic but Related: Francis Kane

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was just on a The Great Space Coaster fansite, and learned that the guy who performed my favorite GSC character, Baxter the clown, has also done work on Sesame Street. Is this true? Which SS characters did he perform? Also, does anyone know what Francis is doing these days? And does anyone know how I can contact him (either through e-mail or snail mail)? I'd love to be able to contact him and share my thoughts on his Baxter character. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Patricia/cherrypotion27 :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry... Don't know of his work, though maybe a search for his name at Muppet Wiki could yield better results?
On another related note... TGSC spawned the guy that's currently in charge of Sesame Street, though back then he was providing the voice of Goriddle Gorilla, a voice/personality he enfused into his first real main character on the Street, Hoots the Owl.

In case you don't know who I mean, it's Kevin Clash.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Dear Anytimepally

Dear Anytimepally:

Yeah, I discovered that when I checked out Muppet Wiki myself, although there he's listed as Frank Kane. Still love his GSC performance as Baxter. Apparently, no sooner did he get into the Baxter costume, he would totally slip into character and greet visitors to the studio as Baxter. Cool!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! There are a lot of names in their who have been associated with Henson!