Official Kermit Replica into a puppet ?

LucyM

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone going to try and make the replica Kermit into a full working puppet or is this going to be impossible ? might be an interesting project if possible.:smile:

Lucy

LucyM

Reaction score
Perhaps he could be reverse engineered like you could do with a Fisher Price Kermit - this may work. Depends what the structure is like inside i suppose.

Beauregard

Reaction score
At the price though...I wonder if anyone would truely want to. Seeing as even a life-like Kermit replica puppet could not be used professionally.

LucyM

Reaction score
I have always wanted a decent actual size kermit puppet to play with and previous official merchandise hasn't produced anything like this one. Think it would be money well spent. Surely you get a better result than using a Fisher price ' pattern '

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah you could reverse engineer it I guess, but the risk of ruining such a high price item may not be worth it to some. With a bit of trial and error some members of this board have gotten "perfect" Kermit's just by eyeballing or using the Fisher price pattern with modifications. So while you may be looking to make things easier on yourself (remove that margin of error), chances are you'd still need to practice a bit even if you took apart the Master Replicas version.

LucyM

Reaction score
Thank you - I will take your advice - perhaps try making a Kermit using the help of the Fisher price pattern first and see how I get on. I will search the forums for help in getting all the materials and how to go about it !

aaronmojo

Reaction score
What about taking one of those Applause puppets apart and making a pattern based off of it?

(Though personally I could never bring myself to disassemble mine...!)

LucyM

Reaction score
Thats a great idea - would people agree the applause puppet is better to work with than the fisher price - I have a new spare applause - i promise to sew him up again !!

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
I would imagine the interior of the Master Replica Kermit is complicated as it is made to hold any position for photos. There are probably a lot of wires and you'd surely never be able to get it back together.