OFFICIALLY : POTDC Releases 'NEXT' Year!

JMPrater

Reaction score
Just thought I would ring in the new year with that tid bit of a reminder.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Now I just know I can't be the only one who always always always (always) reads that as Pirates of the Dark Crystal and immediately imagines a POTC/DC cross-over...You know, Johnny Depp and Aughra flirting shamelessly...

No? No? Just me...Alrighty then. Moving swiftly on...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yyyyeaaaahhhh, that's not happening.

The closest we can get with it now is probably 2012, which would be perfect to go with the 30th anniversary of the first movie. I'm assuming that it's part of the distribution deal with the Weinstein Co. Maybe they'll pull a MFS/EIG thing and shoot both movies pretty much at the same time on the same studio lot. Hopefully.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, or what has been announced, 2011 isn't official, is it? Neither is 2012. Although, there would be no problem with a 2011 release date. If it began filming this summer, or even during November/December, it could very easily be released next year. Movies work alot closer to their release date than you may realize. They were still making changes to the recent Star Trek movie the week before its release. Same with the Star Wars films. 2011 isn't inconceivable, but is it really official?

Winter 2010 could technically be possible, too... Possible, but highly doubtful.

Now I just know I can't be the only one who always always always (always) reads that as Pirates of the Dark Crystal and immediately imagines a POTC/DC cross-over...You know, Johnny Depp and Aughra flirting shamelessly...

No? No? Just me...Alrighty then. Moving swiftly on...
... Do I hear another fan-fic in the making?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Is THAT what happened? (Because that would explain a LOT...)
Yeah, EIG was filming summer '98 into that winter on a lot in North Carolina and MFS starting filming on the same lot just before Elmo went into post-production.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I thought it was cancelled... :wink:

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
You got to give credit where its due... the company has sure taken action to address its past neglect of social and community based interaction... call me arrogant but Im taking credit for it since Ive been calling them out on it forever on here and I know they check this place out... thats right, indirectly this was all my doing...

- They got the twitter account
- Set up a you tube page
- Finally, and folks I do mean finally, got rid of the Henson Alternative stuff on their front page.
- Got the facebook account set up

Someones doing something right over there, the proactive changes are very encouraging. We'll get info on the project sooner or later this year, I do believe that, but I dont think the film releases this year (sorry Prats)

We still wait, but things are looking better on the whole for sure...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You got to give credit where its due... the company has sure taken action to address its past neglect of social and community based interaction... call me arrogant but Im taking credit for it since Ive been calling them out on it forever on here and I know they check this place out... thats right, indirectly this was all my doing...

- They got the twitter account
- Set up a you tube page
- Finally, and folks I do mean finally, got rid of the Henson Alternative stuff on their front page.
- Got the facebook account set up

Someones doing something right over there, the proactive changes are very encouraging. We'll get info on the project sooner or later this year, I do believe that, but I dont think the film releases this year (sorry Prats)

We still wait, but things are looking better on the whole for sure...
Henson is following Disney's playbook with the Muppets.