Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!! This is something I've got to share with all my MC friends -- I just got THE COOLEST JOB of my life (so far)!!!!! I got hired by the mom of one of the guys I graduated with to help put together a whole puppet ministry thing for their HUGE church throughout the month of July. There are so many great things abut this just I'm going to lay it out in point style:

-First of all, it's funded by a grant that Mr. Rogers left to children's ministies in the Presbyterian church, so I'm basically working for Mr Rogers! :smile:

-I got to invent a cast of characters the first day on the job

-I get to build the characters

-There's a special depertment writing scripts for the puppets (which means I won't have to worry much about coming up with plots)

-I'll be performing the puppets, which they'll record on video

-And I'm going to get to work with green screen technology!!!

The bad part is it only lasts for a month.

So I'm incredibly extatic about this job. This probably sounds stupid to those of you who are already immersed in this field, but for me there's so many new areas to explore -- and get paid for it! This all came after a looooong job drawn out over four years at which I did manual labor making gravestones. So if there's anyone here who's still going through a job like that, you have all my encouragement. Good things really can come to those who wait :wink:

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HEY! That sounds great!!

Congratulations, and if the month goes really well, they may want you on for more time.

You might even discuss doing a cable access chidlren's ministry show which would keep you in business for a while, too!