ok,is it just me...

chestermcdragon

Reaction score
ok,im not trying to be mean or anything,but is it just me,or is it wierd that people on the mc call eachother family?i just think its wierd.i feel wierd when people say it.i mean,we dont even know eachother.dont you think that its kinda wierd?

P.S...i was not trying to mean.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not really, the people of MC are really friendly people and a lot of us have been around here for quite some time, and when you've been on a friendly forum like this for a long time you really get chummy with other people to the point they pretty much are like a family to you... only instead of an actual family, more like a virtual family.

christyb

Reaction score
Some of us it's a running gag that started in another place and goes to another. For instance, The Count and I play siblings in the thread "The Moppet Family". Now we're good friends also and the feeling of being siblings just carries through whenever we post back and forth. That's why he calls me "sis". Also, Vic Romano is my "son" in the Moppet family and every now and then I'll tease him about it in another thread. It's just all caring about each other and having a really good time. Then again....we all know how weird we really are. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Y-you mean... I'm not your real son? :cry:
:wink:
I think we use the term family loosely around here, but in a caring way. I usually call people here my "online family", and if you think of what a family is, it's not totally off. We joke around, roast eachother and tease eachother too, but we also argue, get mad or frustrated with eachother and even jealous. However, we also watch out for eachother, build one another up and let eachother know every once in awhile that we're special too. I can totally understand how it can seem weird. Three years ago, I thought developing friendships online was creepy and/or impossible. But since then I've had actual phone conversations with some members, gotten letters and even a card in the mail, traded stuff and also just gladly given stuff to members as well as just recieved stuff just because, and I also keep in touch with tons of MCers through e-mail! I have to admit, at first it was a little strange, but now I look forward to the next step and hopefully meeting a bunch of them someday in person! That'd be cool.

So yes, I guess it might sound weird, but then again; weird and MC go together like milk and chocolate chip cookies... Mmmm... chocolate chip cookies.... gurgle...

christyb

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Y-you mean... I'm not your real son? :cry:
:wink:
Dangit. Your Father was supposed to sit you down for that little heart to heart....BEEEAAAAUUUUUU!!!!

I agree at first it was really weird. That and even now trying to explain my friendship creeps a lot of people out. I find it best not to go around talking about it. (I avoid at lot of weird looks and talks from my parents about the "dangers of the internet" that way) Yet still remember...we all use the family terms loosely. That and one day I have a list of people I'd love to meet face to face. That is when I have the money and my own place etc. (seeing as my parents would never ever go for it. So I'd have to be out on my own)

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
Dangit. Your Father was supposed to sit you down for that little heart to heart....BEEEAAAAUUUUUU!!!!
*adjusts newspaper* Yes dear? Is there something I can do for you?

I agree with everything that Vic said, a family is not just people related by blood, but a close knit group of people who are so close that they have to get along even if they dissagree on many aspects. This is why the Bible says, "Love as brothers." Siblings get into fights, sure (I should know I have ten), but within a few minutes of the fight they can be playing together or shareing sweets.

I think MC is the same. We are drawn here by a love for the Muppets, so we can't leave, and thus we get on even if we dissagree with people and because of that we become a family.

Or...something not to disssimilar to that.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Hey Vic, where is my twice removed nephew present? That day was like 3 months ago!

christyb

Reaction score
MuppetMarc said:
Hey Vic, where is my twice removed nephew present? That day was like 3 months ago!
Twice removed nephew?? You mean I have a grandchild? *glares at Beau* Alright you..spill b/c he's definately not one of mine!

OCC...can you OCC a muffin?: Couldn't resist :stick_out_tongue: