Okay, I've got a big question here...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You guys wanna know why I come to you all for advice? Cuz I love ya, and trust your all's advice and pointers you give me! But that's not what the question is, here's my question...

Okay, this is something I've been thinking about for quite awhile, but I think I should give a little background about this. Awhile back at Edtropolis (A major Ed, Edd n Eddy fansite), the webmistress did an e-mail interview with one of the voice-actors of the show, including several questions that were submitted by fellows fans (including me:big_grin: ), and it turned out awesome. I'd kinda like to do an interview like that with Kathy via regular mail since she's not much of a computer person, and most likely doesn't have e-mail. I have two problems facing me right now about this:

1. I'm not sure how I would go about doing. I know I'd have to ask her kindly, but I don't know where to take from there if she responds with a yes or no.
2. I'm scared.

So, does any body have any advice and/or pointers in this, and SHOULD I even TRY to do this?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I think it's a great idea, and I think Kathy would be flattered! The only problem is that outside of a handfull of other people, you may not have the support you may need or want at first. Who knows though, this may be just the thing to atract people to your site, which would definately make it worth it in my opinion!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You could always give it a try. You really have nothing to lose.

I do see a problem with it though that might be a road block. The Edtropolis is a major Ed, Edd n Eddy fansite which would be easier to sell to the voice actor as a great way to reach its fans. You would have to approach it as a great way for Kathy to reach her fans by emphasizing number of visits and hits on your site, etc. Otherwise, if it comes across as a fan just wanting to meet Kathy it would seem creepy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If the question is whether you should try or not Snowth... Then, yes, try. The worst that can happen is she or her rep would say "No".
And you should definitely try to make it seem as if this interview is for a fansite dedicated to her. If it were just some fan, it might seem creepy, or it might seem normally OK. But you might get a better response if you play up the fact it's for a fansite dedicated to her.

Other than that, not sure what to advise you regarding the interview itself. Try to be polite... Do your research on her career so you'll have enough material for an interview as long as you're given... Remember to thank her for taking time out of her schedule to grant the interview...
You know, all the stuff that should be part of a good interview. Honestly hope this helps you pal.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Of course you should go for it Snowthy! I think it's a wonderful idea! Like everyone said, the worst that she'll say is no, but you'll never know unless you try. Way to go, I know you can do it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's one of the things why I'm scared...I'm afraid she might think I'm like some sort of stalker or something. I mean, she knows I did a fansite for her, as she did approve of it, but the thing is, when I first wrote to her last year, I had already asked her (politely of course) if there were any little biographical details she could share for other fans to read about when they visit the site. Now here I would be asking her if I could do an interview with her through mail...that's kinda be asking too much from a celebrity wouldn't it?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I don't think it's too much to ask her. If you're very polite and tell her what types of questions you'd be asking I don't think she'll see you as a stalker.