Okay, Okay! We GOTTA Draw the Line SOMEWHERE!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Look, we've got countless "Real Housewives" reality shows with fake housewives, not to mention the new "Real Husbands" reality shows that probably have fake husbands as well.

But seriously... SERIOUSLY... we do NOT need, or even WANT a new "Morbidly Obese Housewives" reality show! I'm sensitive to weight issues, and this has disaster and trainwreck written ALL OVER IT! This makes those commercials that Drtooth speaks out about (the ones with the tempony drums and the announcer saying, "Does belly fat make you look like THIS?!") look amusing at best.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm thinking somebody has got to get out an anthology series spoofing reality TV. Like each week, a new reality show based on a different stupid concept. Something too stupid or complicated to work as a weekly reality show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know how to respond to this...

Are they at least the hot kind of larger women, or are they going the gross slob route? I mean, we don't need this show at all, clearly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm thinking somebody has got to get out an anthology series spoofing reality TV. Like each week, a new reality show based on a different stupid concept. Something too stupid or complicated to work as a weekly reality show.
You know, writer Ken Levine actually touched up on why networks don't do anthology series anymore, because apparently, they cost too much money to have completely different casts and completely different sets on a weekly basis, not to mention it's hard to draw in an audience when you don't have a regular set of characters for the viewers to invest themselves in.
Are they at least the hot kind of larger women, or are they going the gross slob route?
The latter, unfortunately. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, writer Ken Levine actually touched up on why networks don't do anthology series anymore, because apparently, they cost too much money to have completely different casts and completely different sets on a weekly basis, not to mention it's hard to draw in an audience when you don't have a regular set of characters for the viewers to invest themselves in.
I had no idea that they stopped making anthology shows, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised (I was surprised back in 1998 when I heard that there were hardly any variety shows anymore). I guess that's also why they no longer make television specials unless it's for a special event like Christmas.

Still, it's hard to draw in an audience when they don't have a regular set of characters to invest in, yet there's no problem with the fact that most reality shows are "real people" to invest in?

This reminds me of an idea I had long ago, not quite an anthology show, but I wondered if it'd be good for a channel to have four different shows in the same time slot, on a rotating schedule.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The latter, unfortunately. :smirk:
...yeahhh.

So wait... are these the kind of women who somehow managed to gain a lot of weight and want help, or women trying to break a record, giving up, and looking for surgery? To quote an obscure video game character, "I've seen many many of those, I've had enough." While everyone likes to tell you otherwise, getting to be really huge is an effort. If any normal person ate that much in a day, they'd just get violently ill and expel all of it out anyway. It would have to be years and years of not moving around at all and eating the entire fast food value meal menu multiple times a day to get that way. There's no way a normal person could get that big. It takes a lot of work to be that lazy, strangely enough. Worst a normal person would get is like 300 or something.

I've noticed that the world's fattest people they keep dragging out are actually much smaller than previous records. Sure, we have more overweight people now, but our biggest are shrinking. So that has to count for something.