1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Old 1980's Sesame Street episodes

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by SwedishChefCook, May 4, 2006.

1. SwedishChefCook

SwedishChefCook New Member

I thought everyone would be interested to know, I have 56 different Sesame Street episodes from 1984 and 1985 that my parents taped off TV for me back when we first got a VCR. I know there is a lot of Classic Sesame Street fans here at Muppet central. So if anyone is interested, please either send me an Email, or a private message here on the board. Hope to hear from some of you soon.
  2. hemlock

hemlock Member

Hello. I am interested in those Sesame Street episodes that you're talking about. I have lots of Sesame-related shows (Square One TV, Mathnet Specials Noggin episodes of Electric Company, specials etc.). I am also looking for the five dancers dressed in blue sequins segment where they were doing a production number on the number 5. I was hoping you have that. Anyhow, e-mail me at stevesadlerjr@yahoo.com Thank You.

Steve
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't know if you know about this site, but there is a website called Muppet Wiki, which anybody can edit. If you are not a member, you should join, and add pages for any of those episodes that the Wiki does not currently have information on (or if you do not want to join, maybe people who get copies from you can add pages for them).
  4. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Seeking SwedishChefCook

Hi SwedishChefCook- I sent a reply to your message, but your "message box" was full and wouldn't accept new messages unless some old ones were deleted. Please delete your older messages & I'll re-send my message, or you can e-mail me. Thanks!
  5. JLG

JLG Member

I would be very interested. Very interested indeed. I don't know if I have anything to trade for it that you'd want, but I do have 27 episodes spanning 1969 to 1992. Some are Noggin episodes that probably everyone else on here already has, but some are rarer. I have one from '88, 3 from '91 and 3 from '92 that I introduced into the "community" a couple of years ago. I'm not sure how far they've spread around by now. I've put a list of what I have below. Let me know if you'd like descriptions of them. (you can find them in another thread, but I forget which one. I also have a few other non-Muppet odds and ends I could trade. Email me at marbles471@yahoo.com if yer inner'sted. I'd love to find some '80s eps.
    16??
  6. SwedishChefCook

SwedishChefCook New Member

Update

I figured I'd update this thread. I'm sorry I haven't responded to a lot of you. I moved several months ago, and didn't have internet access. But for any of you who have old SS episodes, and are still interested in trading. Please send me a private message and let me know. Thanks
  7. EvyGrace

EvyGrace New Member

Former Sesame Street Child Actress Looking for 1980's Episodes

Hi There,

I was a child actress on Sesame Street from 1979-1989 and I am looking for the those episodes where I appeared.

In the early 1980's my mother's house was broken into and the VHS tapes that had most episodes recorded were stolen.

Today, I do not have those memories as keepsakes.

I have tried contacting pbs, ctv; however, I have had no success.
    I have no idea of episode numbers or names... but there were many!

The additional loss is that my 2 sisters were also child actresses during the same time and later into the early 1990's.

With so much history with Sesame Street, and now being a mother of 2...
    I am on a mission!!!

Last by certainly not the least...this part of my life...was very important to my mother..because she was surviving a divorce and her happiness was taking the 3 of us to Sesame Street.
    For all her love and strength to do this for her children even when she was at her worst time emotionally...
    I am trying to find this to also present it as a gift to her.

As you can tell, Sesame Street holds alot of meaning for me...

So PLEASE if there is anyone out there that is able to help...

Please contact me..

Thank you so much,
    Evy Grace
  8. DeadZone

DeadZone New Member

Were you involved in any famous sketches with any of the Muppets one on one?

or were you involved more with a group of kids in said sketches?
  9. Chris Gawley

Chris Gawley Member

I'm looking for this sketch, too! If you have this sketch, can you please email me at chris_gawley_2004@hotmail.com

Thank you!
  10. EvyGrace

EvyGrace New Member

Reply to DeadZone

Hi there,

I believe both. I know for sure my sister. I was so young I can't remember with whom in the singled out scenes.
    I know I had a skit with Telly on roller-skates. Had one-on-one conversations with with Big Bird, Grover..was a grouchkeeter and spoke with Oscar...there was so much, but at this point it's difficult to remember

Evy
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MC EvyGrace.

Um, if you don't mind me asking... What particular sketch do you definitively remember being in? It may seem small, but often we can do a bit of tracking and some people might know the sketch/episode in question.
    Also... I happen to organize a quite completist listing of Muppet characters and human chracters involved in the Henson universe of productions called the Muppet Listings, always updating with new information of course, the fifteenth version is the one currently posted if you care to do some digging in the Classic Muppets section of the forum.
    Mayhaps if we knew your name or your sisters' we could find the sketch/episode quicker. If you feel more comfortable sending this information via private message, you can certainly do so though you'll need 10 posts before doing so.
    Look forward to hearing from you, there's a person I know who might be able to help but like I've said, we'd need a bit of information first.

Hope you can understand and have a great Friday the 13th!
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Do you know if you would still get residuals if your sketches were repeated or if your episodes were rerun or released on video? Do you remember when the last time you got a residual was? Could you have gotten any residuals for any video or DVD releases, or from when reruns were shown on Noggin from 1999-2001?
  13. EvyGrace

EvyGrace New Member

Reponse to Count and minor muppetz

Count,

These are the ones I definately remember being on. Please keep in mind that there are alot more but again it is so hard ot remember what the sketch was about started at 4 yrs old and last episode was at 13 years old

Yvette T.
    1) The Breakdance episode
    2) Teaching Telly to Rollerskate episode
    3) Ice skating with Bert and Ernie
    4) Sesame Street in Puerto Rico
    5) Grouch-kateer
    6) Humphrey the magician on the main stoop episode
    7) Maria and Luis imagine their teenage daughter (me!!) episode when she was pregnant
    8) Big Bird's Birthday at Wollman Rink

Yvette T. and Tania T.
    1) Loretta Lynn episode
    2) Billy D Williams episode

Tania T.
    1) Episode with Ron Darling
    2) Patti LaBelle - sang with her
    3) Learning to tie your shoe episode
    4) Bird-kateer episodes
    5) Keisha Night and Oscar the Grouch episode

Ingrid T. and Yvette T.
    1) Library Episode
    2) Mr. Hooper's store talking to Mr. Hooper

p.s. I had an uncle and cousins on too!!!! A family thing...

I had episodes with snuff and barkley too!

Minor muppetz,

For a while up until I was like 17 yrs old. I would get residual checks for re-re-runs but not for years now. I don't even know where these episodes exist.

Evy
  14. The Count

Thanks for the info Evy... The one where they're in Puerto Rico... Was this Episode 1316 María's surprise birthday? Cause that's the one I have, in which case I can definitely say who to contact to get it from.
    If you know, did your family portray almost all of María's family? Would like to get the info added to the list.

Will have to check when I get back home, but I think I have a sketch with a girl named Tanya as well.
    Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.
  15. EvyGrace

EvyGrace New Member

reply to count

I'm not sure if it was maria's birthday....it was a celebration for something...

no...my family just came on and off because ...long story...but to sum it up..

my aunt was friends with the Talent scout at that time...

and she brought her over to my house to meet me...becaus eshe thought I had a "vivid imagination" from there she just feel in love with all of us kids..and well there you go...

in terms of relationship no the show...we were not related.

There was only one "Tanya".. I'm sure it has to be her!

Tanya appeared on alot of episodes..probably more than me...

thanks for all your help

Evy
  16. The Count

Hi Evy... Some info. After checking here at home, there's an episode I happen to have numbered 2407, which features a segment with Grover teaching the word "Help" with a girl named Tanya. Not sure if that's the "breakdancing" episode as you named it though.
    If you're interested in this and 1316 then I suggest you contact Boober_Gorg, he's got the biggest SS episode library out of all of us. Also, when talking to him, ask him if he has any of the other episodes you're looking for.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  17. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

18. Chris Gawley

Chris Gawley Member

IT'S HERE!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!

The "All Togehter We are Five" sketch with the five Rockettes is finally on youtube.com!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMTUMz3ed4w

Thanks so much to jonnytbird4789 for posting it!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Cookie fan

Cookie fan New Member

20. EvyGrace

EvyGrace New Member

Hi SwedishChefCook,

It's been awhile since I've logged in.

Hey...any change you could post clips of episodes on YouTube?
    I'm still looking for episodes.

Evy Grace