1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Old Fraggle Rock Books

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by christyb, Apr 28, 2009.

1. christyb

christyb New Member

Hey I didn't know if anyone would love this tidbit of nostalgia. A local library was cleaning off their shelves to make room for new books. Well a friend of mine works there called me up and said "Hey girl I have a surprise for you"

Well I went down there and she had this stack of old Fraggle Rock storybooks for me! I just moved so they're in a box around here somewhere. I'll dig them out to take some pictures to show everyone. I immediately thought of you guys when I got them. I never expected to find such a stash....and for free.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Co-incidentally enough, I found this advertisementfor those very books just this morning.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's great, christyb! My library has a store section that often has rare Muppet books, including Fraggles. It's always exciting to look through the collection, but also a bit difficult because I always feel like I need to leave some for the kiddies, hehe.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Surely it's would have been easier to make Fraggle Paperback Books...Rock books are a bit stoneage...

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  5. christyb

christyb New Member

Maybe that's why the box I put them in broke.....

Oh I agree heralde. They were gonna throw them away I'm glad I was thought of. I have them in safe keeping. My plan is give them to my kids one day... of course that'd require being married and having kids and I'm single but hey a gal can dream

6. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Interesting! I just bought a paperback Fraggle Rock book this morning at a used book sale :) I was so happy to find it! It's about Red and a pumpkin, yellow in color.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. Beauregard

Well, we could post them to one of our many kids...But they might be a bit old for FR books...Plus the postage on Rock Books would be phenomenal(do do doo do do)

GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

The pictures are really nice, someone on myspace has scanned some of the books...
    I have the 'What is a fraggle?' one. Even if you are 'too old' they are nice to look at :3

9. christyb

christyb New Member

To old? There's such a thing?

10. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

That's why I quoted it ;). I don't think it is a real english term *lol*:excited:

11. Beauregard

*cough* Well, I was joking...about being too old...But now I feel old...*cough* Old...

12. christyb

christyb New Member

Saaaaammmmeeee here my friend.

13. Beauregard

Speaking of old, I'm not used to all this multi tasking...I need sustenance!

14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

*looks up from Fraggle Rock book*
    But if you are old what does that make me:eek:? I don't like where this is going...

15. Beauregard

I'm thinking, you're only as old as you feel...I'm feeling old, if you're feeling young then go with it! *hands out cucumbers*

16. christyb

christyb New Member

Cucumbers? Please don't tell me MC muffining is on a healthy kick too? Sheesh I remember a MC days when we would kidnap a few muppeteers before mid afternoon cake and cookie time

17. Beauregard

Well, finish the cucumbers...or relax with them on your eyes and a comforting mudpack...first, Muppeteernaping second.

18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly, you read my mind! Hey, if I have to adopt I will (much later in life of course). I want to have someone to pass my Muppets books on to, hehe. ;)

19. Beauregard

See, my original plan when buying Muppet related merchandise was that one day I assumed I'd be able to sell it for more...because it's so rare...But with the Muppets making a comeback, looks like that plan will never pay off...

...Ahh, well...Best have kids then...

20. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Ha! Any Fraggle Rock books I find are for me XD

GopherCoffee likes this.