Old Friends Who've Just Met

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here it is everyone, my first fan-fic upon returning to MC. I hope you love it! :concern:

Prologue

Seven years have passed since The Great Gonzo met his real family at CapeDoom. He has not seen them since that fateful day that changed his life forever.

But now, somewhere in the outermost reaches of space, a scream is heard, an alien is murdered by an arch-nemesis and a plan is made.

And now, Gonzo’s family needs his help. For he is the one. The one who can save an entire alien race, his family from destruction.

But Gonzo already has a lifestyle on Earth. Routinely he performs life threatening stunts on The Muppet Show, and normally, being propelled into space to do battle with dangerous weapons would be like heaven to the blue weirdo. But when he gives up his unique art form forever, will he still be willing to save his family?

And what of the other Muppets? What of Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy? Can they survive without Gonzo when ex-members of C.O.V.N.E.T. return to find evidence of aliens and don’t care who they hurt in the process?

All of these questions and more will be answered in this tale, the blue weirdo will discover secrets about himself that he never knew, and everyone will learn of the importance of family, close to your soul, and so far away. The Great Gonzo will be going back there today.

Chapter 1

The guns from the immense space ships fired in all directions as the laser beams lit the vast endless sky.

“All power to the port thrusters!” a captain yelled to his crew.

“Starboard flank hit captain!”

“Power falling rapidly!”

Screams of terror followed from all aboard the vessel. The captain stared silently at the massive fleet of shuttles wiping out his team, his friends, and his family.

“What are we to do?” his anxious wife said as she rushed to him carrying a small wrapped blanket.

“Take the last escape pod,” he told her as his abnormally long curved nose gently rubbed against hers. “Take my son, get him a better life than this, away from war.”
“You must come with us,” she said.

“I cannot,” he turned to the window, watching the destruction again. “A captain must always go down with his ship.”

“Then I will stay with you,” she said. “And go down with my husband.”

He wouldn’t argue with her, he knew he couldn’t win. He never could. “At least send our son, let him live.”

She nodded her head once and darted off to the escape pod hatch. There was one pod left sitting in the hatch, the others had been taken or destroyed in the carnage. The ship shook from a blast making contact. She pressed a series of numbers to open the pod door. She placed the bundle inside and pulled back the sheet. A small blue head with an abnormally long light blue nose poked out of the sheet. The furry blue creature extended it’s small blue arms up towards his mother.

“Be well, be safe, take good care of yourself my son,” she said quietly. “My Gonzo.”

She pressed another series of numbers to close the pod and sending it rocket from the hatch. She closed her eyes, and deep down she believed she heard a faint Whoopie! coming from the pod blasting away.

“Gonzo? Hey Gonzo buddy wake up,” Rizzo the Rat said shaking his best friend as he slept with his feet propped up on a seat in front of him in the Muppet Theater. “C’mon man, it’s almost time for your act!”

“No mom let me stay during the attack!” Gonzo said jolting up from his sleep. “Rizzo? I had that dream again Rizzo!”

“Aw no,” Rizzo sighed. “Noah?” Gonzo shook his head. “Goat and the dwarf and the peanut butter?” Gonzo shook his head again. “Uh...Oh, the one with the Doritos, the desk lamp and the red Ferrari?”

“No Rizzo, the one about my parents!” Gonzo explained.

“Oh, right, right,” Rizzo said. “Which one is that again?”

Gonzo sighed, Rizzo never completely understood, no one did. “Never mind Rizzo, what were you saying about my act?”

“Oh nothin’, you’re just comin’ up after Piggy practices her solo number.”

Up on the stage Miss Piggy lay on a shiny black grand piano in a seductive red dress. Rowlf the Dog sat at the front of the piano and began to let the music flow from his paws to the keys as Miss Piggy began to sing.

Where have all the good men gone?
And where are all the gods?
Where’s the street-wise Hercules,
To fight the rising odds,” she sang seductively.

Isn’t there a white night,
Upon a fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn,
And I dream of what I need,” Piggy held the note.

“HIT IT!” Piggy shouted, and the curtains drew back revealing Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem set up with their instruments as smoke filled the stage. Piggy jumped off the piano and began to dance. The Mayhem began to play, loudly of course.

I need a hero!
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the night.
And he’s gotta be strong,
And he’s gotta be fast,
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight!

I need a hero!
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life,
Larger than life.

At this point Scooter walked up behind Piggy clouded in smoke and hooked a rope to her dress. “Let the pig fly! Let the pig fly!” Scooter whispered into his earpiece.

“Oh no, dat’s my cue!” Rizzo said, back in the seats. The rat began to run backstage.

Gonzo watched as Miss Piggy continued singing with her arms extended as if waiting to take off.

Somewhere after midnight,
In my wildest fantasy,
Somewhere just beyond my reach,
There’s someone reaching back for me!” Piggy sang, and began glaring backstage.

Racing on the THUNDER,” she growled.
And rising with the heat
It’s gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet,” she scowled off stage again. “SWEEP ME OFF MY FEET YOU STUPID RAT!”
Rizzo flipped a switch backstage sending Piggy flying through the air as a machine lifted the rope (they couldn’t have a repeat of the Christmas special of ‘02).

“Cool,” Gonzo said quietly to himself.

I need a her-oh!” Piggy sang as she spun around above the stage.
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the end of the niii-ght!
GET ME DOWN FROM HERE!! MOI AM NO MARIONETTE!!”

Gonzo sighed, “And that’ll be my cue.” He hopped out of his seat and began walking up to the stage himself.

“Rizzo let her down!” Scooter said into the earpiece.

“I can’t!” Rizzo said tugging at a switch. “The switch is stuck!”

“Well then hock the ham!” Scooter said.

“You sure?”

“Do it!”

Rizzo began gnawing the rope the rope holding Piggy aloft.

“What the he-“ she began to say before she plummeted to the ground when the rope was cut. She crashed to the stage floor.

Clifford finally stood up from his front row seat. “Good thing we had those floors reinforced two fold last summer.”

Piggy sat up on the stage with her long blonde hair matted and tangled. “You’re gonna wish you had a reinforced face when I’m through with you!” she yelled at Clifford.

“Alright that’s the round back to your corners,” Rowlf said standing up from his piano. He lifted up a clipboard and made a check mark. “Good job Piggy, we’ll fix the rope and you’ll be ready for the show tomorrow night.”

“Or as ready as a porker like dat could be, hokay?” Pepe the King Prawn whispered to Floyd Pepper backstage.

“Watch yourself dude,” Floyd said. “Shrimp don’t go good with pork chops!” Floyd laughed.

Clifford glanced a look at his checklist. “Yo Gonzo! You ready?”

“Yeah, I’m ready,” Gonzo called as he prepared to go on stage wearing his yellow jumpsuit and red cape, his classic stunt uniform.
“You sure you wanna do this bud?” Rizzo asked him as he walked by.

“Come on Rizzo,” Gonzo said. “I’ve survived being shot out of an interstellar space cannon 400 feet in the air,” he said remembering his first, and still only, encounter with his family from space. “That makes being shot out of a regular cannon through thin sheet of ice and into a vat of lime green Jell-O look like eating a peanut butter and pickle sandwich!”

Rizzo grimaced, “It’s a pity Kermit ain’t here to see it,” he shook his head and handed Gonzo a helmet. “Here ya go man, good luck.”

“Thanks Rizzo,” Gonzo smiled as he put on the helmet.

The weirdo walked out on stage where Sweetums was carefully positioning a vat of lime Jello to the right of an inch thick sheet of ice slowly melting under the stage lights.

Better get started before the ice melts, Gonzo thought to himself. He climbed into the long black cannon and stuck his helmeted head out the front. “Light me!” he shouted.

Beauregard the janitor took a match to the wick at the end of the cannon and it slowly began to disintegrate under the flame.

Sweetums started to run to the left to get off the stage before the stunt began.

Gonzo was ready, he’d done more challenging stunts before. But still, deep inside he felt something, something wrong. I wish Kermit was here...

Something happened. Something no one could predict or prevent. Something that would change the life of one blue alien weirdo forever.

Sweetums slipped. The water from the melted sheet of ice on the stage sent the monster sliding down the stage. He knocked the cannon slightly, throwing it off course.

The wick dissolved fully. The cannon shot.

And in a flash, the Great Gonzo was unconscious, beaten and broken on the other side of what used to be a brick wall.

BEAR

Reaction score
Nice new story, Ryan! I'm excited to start reading a new Prawncracker original.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well well, welcome back! You know you're not back fully until you've at least started another fanfiction, and ever since Uncle Deadly let your little secret slip, I've been eagerly awaiting this one! But so dark? I don't really remember this being like you... Oh well, I'll be looking forward to updates to see what happens.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wha? Oh my! Ryan's writing again! Yea! And...wow! I'm speechless! This is great stuff! The scene at the beginning reminded me of an episode of Muppet Babies although I'm not sure if that's what you were going for. And geeze! You stabbed me right here with the line "I wish Kermit was here" and then again with "And in a flash, the Great Gonzo was unconscious, beaten and broken on the other side of what used to be a brick wall." Anyway, simply amazing, can't wait to see what's next.

christyb

Reaction score
Ahhh, this has the air of greatness...and not just because it stars my favorite blue nose weirdo. I can't wait to see what comes next. So please don't keep me in suspense for long. I want to know what is on the other side of that wall! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Poking Prawney with the nagging stick...

You think he's dead Sis? Well, can't let a good story go without nagging... Just cause his partner in fanfics isn't here, that's no reason to let it go without nagging.

*Pokes Prawney with nagging stick again.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 2

Kermit the Frog leaned on his silver putter at Goelz Golf and Government Surplus.

“Kermit, if you sink this next putt you’ve beat him!” Fozzie Bear whispered to the frog.

Both Fozzie and Kermit were dressed in golfing garb. Kermit stared at the 18th hole, sinking this put would mean more than beating him, it would mean a weekly news spot on Disney Channel with all of the Muppets, and Kermit could not miss this chance.

“Alright Iger,” Kermit said to a tall man pulling a golf ball out of the hole. “This is it, this putt decides it.”

Bob Iger smiled at Kermit. “Alright Kerm, good luck.”

Kermit smiled back. “Ok Fozzie, grab the flag.”

“Yes sir!” Fozzie said as he ran to the hole and removed the plastic flag.

Kermit stared down at his tiny white ball and let the tip of his putter touch the green. He concentrated deeply. Put the ball in the cup. I am the ball. Put me in the cup. Kermit shook his head and slightly brought back his putter. Just as he began his soft decent onto the ball, the Muppet Show theme tune broke the deep concentrated silence and caused Kermit to send his ball flying into a nearby water hazard.

Kermit lowered his head and sighed. “Fozzie I thought I told you to put that on vibrate...”

“Sorry Kermit, I must’ve forgotten,” Fozzie said grabbing his pink-polka dot tie with his left hand and holding a lime green cell phone with his right. He let go of his tie and answered the phone. “Hello?” he said into it.

“Tough luck Kermit,” Mr. Iger said. “Better luck next time my friend,” he looked at his watch. “And I have to catch a plane, so long,” he said walking off the green and onto a golf cart.

“Bye Bob, see you next week,” Kermit said. He turned his attention back to Fozzie. “Something wrong Fozzie?” Kermit asked as he saw Fozzie acting more nervous than usual.

“Kermit, it’s Gonzo,” Fozzie said blankly.

Kermit and Fozzie ran into the hospital still dressed in their golfing clothes and out of breath. Inside the waiting area a loud and furry group of creatures sat, some pacing, some dancing, most stunned.

Kermit walked around ducking and dodging boomerang fish and explosions looking for Miss Piggy or someone who knew what had happened. But before they could be found a small dark green frog ran up and hugged Kermit. “Uncle Kermit, Uncle Kermit!” the young frog called.

Kermit patted his small head. “It’ll all be okay Robin,” he comforted his nephew. “It’ll all be okay.” Kermit hugged him back and grabbed his hand. “Where’s Miss Piggy?”

Robin wiped his eye and pointed with his free hand. “She’s over there with Rizzo, Rowlf and Scooter,” he said.

The two frogs and Fozzie walked over to where Miss Piggy, Scooter, Rizzo and Rowlf sat around a coffee table, just as Robin had said. “Kermit,” Rowlf said surprised.

Miss Piggy hopped up and charged into Kermit. “Oh Kermie,” she wailed as she hugged him around his neck.

Fozzie walked over and sat next to Scooter. “How...How could this happen?” Fozzie asked rhetorically, shaking his head.

Once Piggy had let go of him, she and Kermit sat down and Kermit lifted Robin onto his lap. “Don’t worry guys,” Kermit reassured them. “We’ll pull through. We’ve faced hardships before.”

“But Kermit,” Scooter spoke up. “None of us have been seriously hurt before. I mean Gonzo could-“

Rizzo began to sob into Rowlf’s furry arm. “Not my buddy,” he wailed. “Not my best friend!”

Fozzie stopped him, he put his hand on Scooter’s shoulder and shook his head. “No,” Fozzie said plainly. “No.”

The group sat quietly for awhile before Clifford walked up to them carrying two styrofoam cups of coffee in his purple hands. “Hey Kerm, hey Foz,” he said. “I woulda brought you coffee too, but uh, I only got two hands. Not that it would be uncommon for me to have more around here...”

Kermit smiled, Rowlf chuckled lightly. “Did the nurse say how he was doing?” Rowlf asked.

Clifford sighed and handed Rowlf a cup of the coffee. “Yeah, nurse said he was in a deep coma,” Clifford said quietly and cautiously. “She says...Well...No one knows when he’ll come out of it.”

Camilla was allowed into Gonzo’s room by the doctor. She walked into room 81A where a bed sat in the middle of the right wall. In the bed, Gonzo lay silently with casts on both his legs and his right arm, and a sling on his left.

Camilla moved to the bed side and lay her head upon Gonzo’s chest. A small tear slipped from her eye. “Baguck,” she clucked quietly. She rubbed his chest with her wing softly. “Buck buck,” she sobbed.

A nurse softly knocked on the door “Excuse me miss,” she said. “Visiting hours are ending.”

Camilla removed herself from the bed and walked towards the door. The nurse placed her hand on the chicken’s back. “He’ll be just fine miss,” she said. “And just know that I’m pulling for him. And for you.”

Camilla sniffed. “Buck buck bawk,” she clucked thanking the woman. The nurse patted her back once more and walked away. Camilla silently returned to the waiting area with her friends.

Gonzo floated in a dark area. It was completely black, he was lost. “Where am I?” he asked the air. “Am...Am I dead?” he asked quietly. He hoped he wasn’t dead. Death was the big bang, the final show, the last act! He couldn’t have ended his legacy shooting through an ice sheet! His final ride had to be big. Real big.

“No,” he shook his head. “I’m not dead.”

There was no speculation in his voice. He knew this for a fact. He didn’t know how. He just knew.

Suddenly, a spark of light appeared. Head toward the light. Gonzo heard a voice say. “Well,” he said. “I’m not dead yet,” he shrugged as he moved toward the spark.
The light grew larger as Gonzo moved forward, he knew he was heading in the right direction. The light enveloped the once dark area, then slowly cleared away revealing a wooden stage with magenta curtains.

Gonzo looked around. “The theater?” he said quietly. “What am I doing here?”

The familiar theme song began to play and out danced five female Muppets.

It’s time to play the music” they sang in harmony.
It’s time to light the lights
It’s time to meet the Muppets
On the Muppet Show tonight!” they danced off stge.

Five male Muppets danced on stage from the opposite end singing as well.

It’s time to put on make-up
It’s time to dress up right
It’s time to raise the curtain
On the Muppet Show tonight!

The curtains opened to reveal Fozzie’s opening joke. Gonzo realized he was floating above the Muppet Show’s first season.

The curtains drew close and Kermit danced onto the middle of the stage.

To introduce our guest star
That’s what I’m here to do
So it really makes me happy
To introduce to you
Peter Ustinov, yay!

The curtains opened again to reveal a large bearded man gathered around a group of Muppets, then finally revealing Kermit, Wayne, Wanda, Fozzie and four other Muppets standing and sitting on a blue and white pedestal.

And now let’s get things started
On the most sensational
Inspirational
Celebrational
This is what we call the Muppet Show!

Then Gonzo saw him. Him. Himself. But not the him he was today. He was different. His nose was a light shade of blue, thin, and lightly crumpled. Gonzo noticed his eyelids had drooped down halfway over his eyes. “Wow,” Gonzo said. “I’ve changed so much since then!” he exclaimed.

The light swarmed around him again removing the theater from his view and revealing a dark desert where Piggy, Rowlf, Fozzie and Camilla were gathered around a bonfire.

Part heaven
Part space
Or have I found my place?” he heard himself sing. There he was again. Sitting on a rock in the desert. His eyelids had lifted and his nose had taken its purple color. He noticed that he was still about half the size he was today.

You can just visit
But I plan to stay
I’m going to go back there someday.

Again the light returned. He was getting tired of this, it wasn’t even painful. The light left him in an old farmhouse where he saw himself fighting a turkey. His head had grown larger but seemed to leave his body back in 1979. It was now that he realized he was being taken through his growth. Throughout his life.

Once more came the light wrapping him inside it and sending him to a beach just atop a lighthouse. A small egg type device let a light out that shone to the sky. A signal. A humongous space ship began to descend from the sky to land at Cape Doom. The ship opened up and aliens began to dance and sing. Just as if they were family. Soon Gonzo saw himself shot into the air out of a cannon. This was who he was now. This was his final evolution (or so he presumed). That was it.

The light returned one last time returning Gonzo to the black area he started out at. All was black. Dark and black. “Wait!” he shouted to no one. “Take me back! Take me back!”

christyb

Reaction score
Ryan! You did it again! It's fab...very much so...but man another cliffhanger. Methinks I need to find my nagging stick.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Either that... Or one of the teddys from Lisa's bin. Did we ever decide on what color yours was Sis? Mmm, gotta be somewhere in the Flippersteps conversation.

Ryan... This was rully good. The golf game and Gonzo's growth with references to TMS Season 1, TMM, MFC, and MFS.
Very hexcellent and we're awaiting more.

Oh, and at the beginning, in the golf game...
"Tough the green"?
"Should be "putt" instead of "put".
Just a few little tips.

Hope this helps, can't wait for more.

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
Either that... Or one of the teddys from Lisa's bin. Did we ever decide on what color yours was Sis? Mmm, gotta be somewhere in the Flippersteps conversation.
Noooo I don't think we ever did.