Old Nickelodeon

Xevia

Reaction score
I know that this has probably been posted before, but I really miss some of the old Nickelodeon shows like Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and things like that.

What were your favorites? :crazy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You ain't alone in this! Really liked all of the shows yo men mentioned! Really love Clarissa Explains It all!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I used to watch all the shows mentioned, but I really was in it for the cartoons. My favorites were usually the non-Nicktoons like Muppet Babies, Tiny Toons, Beetlejuice, the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, ect.

I am really thankful for the old Nickelodeon that showed The Muppet Show, The Frog Prince, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, Muppet Family Christmas, and and all of the other Jim Henson goodness that I probably would have never seen had I not watched it there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tend to have found most of the live action shows overrated. Pete and Pete, All That, and Kenan and Kel were the only ones I thought were entertaining.

No, for me, it was all about Nicktoons. Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, Doug, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, and all that.... even the first few seasons of Rugrats before it became annoyingly over popular. And what was with that one where they were teenagers? It was cute as a special, but it tended to blend it with As told by Ginger and Rocket Power... Rocket Power being the only Nicktoon I truely truely hate.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ah...classic Nick. I remember such shows as...

Kenan & Kel
All That
Doug
Rugrats
Angry Beavers
The Amanda Show
Wild Thornberrys
Tiny Toon Adventures
CatDog
Rocko's Modern Life
KaBlam!
Animaniacs
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Hey Arnold!
Garfield and Friends
Figure It Out
GUTS
Cousin Skeeter
Pinky and the Brain
Oh Yeah! Cartoons
Salute Your Shorts
Spongebob Squarepants

and newbies like

Jimmy Neutron
Fairly Oddparents
Drake and Josh

Other than that, Nick today isn't all that good.:coy:

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorites from old Nickelodeon were...

Today's Special, Special Delivery, Out of Control, Dangermouse, Count Duckula, The Little Prince, Turkey Television, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold! and, The Old episodes of You Can't Do That on Television.

And I also liked when before Cartoon Network came, Nick showed Yogi Bear and all of his spin off shows.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I love old Nickelodeon. :super:

The shows I remember watching were Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Muppet Babies (of course, :smile:), Angry Beavers, Doug, Ahhh Real Monsters, Are you Afraid of the Dark? and more.

I actually have the first episode of Angry Beavers on my Ipod, they have some of the old Nicktoons on Itunes, which makes me believe that their will be a DVD release sometime soon.

yetiman

Reaction score
I think that Rocko's Modern Life is one of the best cartoons of all time. The weird story lines like Heffer the cow finding out that he was adopted, even though his family is a pack of wolves are just priceless.

Does anyone remember Legends of the Hidden Temple? That was pretty awesome, too.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Most of the old game shows were fantastic, along with Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, and ... oh, that's about it in terms of Nicktoons.

I did like it when MB reran endlessly on Nickelodeon, however.

BJ

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ren and Stimpy was classsic (though at the time my cable company didn't deliver Nick so i first caught it on MTV which it was more suited towards - at least during the superior first season anyway) but nothing ever shown on Nick has ever come close to topping You Can't Do That On Television. The gold standard of kids shows!