Old Nickelodeon

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Craig Bartlett has mentioned in the past that if given the opportunity to give HA! a proper finale, he'd start from scratch instead of reusing TJM script.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's a shame. The fandom desperately wants the Jungle movie. Hopefully he can find a way to incorporate some of that into the new finale movie so everyone's happy.

Speaking of movies, The Splat ran "Rugrats go Wild" every day for the past week. Now, I finally caught the thing once and I found it enjoyable if you like both franchises, and it seems it plays better on television where it was clearly intended for. Other than that... really!?! They have 2 other Rugrats movies, the Wild Thornberry movie and Hey Arnold the movie. They couldn't have played one of those to vary things up a bit?

They also ran some actual pre-Nicktoon Thanksgiving special, if you can believe it. Seems that's the oldest thing they've shown so far. It really wasn't too interesting. There were these bland cartoons, one about a warring faction of Mice and Roaches trying to steal the dinner and blaming it on the cat (and trust me, it sounds more interesting than it is), and something that's clearly inspired by the old "Somewhere in Dreamland" cartoon but wasn't nearly as good. But it had these interesting interstitials that had to have been done by the animator that did the "Fill in the Blank Channel" cartoons from Elmo's World. Looked exactly like his style.

Erine81981

Reaction score
They also ran some actual pre-Nicktoon Thanksgiving special, if you can believe it. Seems that's the oldest thing they've shown so far. It really wasn't too interesting. There were these bland cartoons, one about a warring faction of Mice and Roaches trying to steal the dinner and blaming it on the cat (and trust me, it sounds more interesting than it is), and something that's clearly inspired by the old "Somewhere in Dreamland" cartoon but wasn't nearly as good. But it had these interesting interstitials that had to have been done by the animator that did the "Fill in the Blank Channel" cartoons from Elmo's World. Looked exactly like his style.
I really enjoyed that old "Nick's Thanksgiving Fest" Special. I hadn't seen that in years. I hope that during Christmas they show "Christmas In Tattertown." I would love to see that again. It's also been years. I have watched on YouTube lately but not the same. The "NickToons Thanksgiving Weekend" was pretty neat getting to see the old bumpers when Kenan and Kel hosted one year but I could tell sometimes that the bumpers were used right.

Sometimes they would say something on lines of instead of well be right back it was like here we are and then it would go to commercial breaks. That was my only grip about it but still cool for them to use those old bumpers and even some of the Ren and Stimpy bumpers, Rugrats Bumpers and even a few Thanksgiving bumpers too. I know it's still in the new but I hope they keep "The Splat" like it is and not to change it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's an interview that I think will help clarify the whole Nicktoons revival thing:
http://www.avclub.com/article/heres-whats-happening-those-90s-nickelodeon-reboot-229135
It's still a might vague. I'm glad to hear something like that is happening and it's not a show revival. We don't really need any show revivals based on older Nicktoons. At least ones on television. I really should have collected Oni Press's Zim comics, but it was that or Rick and Morty, and I'm a bigger fan of that one. Plus the continuous comics help get an R&M fan like me between the long season breaks. I just don't think there's a real place for those shows. Hey Arnold is only broadcast on The Splat, and I don't see them pouring money into something that's reruns late night with a crapload of commercials anyway.

Plus, I kinda want them to play with the Nicktoons they have already. I'm glad that their 3 best new series that aren't Turtle related get a Friday slot, though I wish they'd at least give it one more half hour so there could be a full Sanjay and Craig and Harvey Beaks. But it really feels unless it's Spongebob, Alvin and the Chipmunks (and I'm actually flattered about that) or one of their tone deaf sitcoms, there's no room for it on the schedule. So what chance does a Hey Arnold revival have?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well looks like Nick has picked up another Butch Hartman show,despite the fact that they have treated all of his shows like crap since 2006.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Why on God's green earth hasn't The Splat started showing 1999 SpongeBob episodes yet? Karate Choppers, people! Karate Choppers!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why on God's green earth hasn't The Splat started showing 1999 SpongeBob episodes yet? Karate Choppers, people! Karate Choppers!
Because the show is still airing new episodes. Also the early episodes already still air on Nickelodeon and Nicktoons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before, Rocket Power is actually younger a series than Spongebob by a few months, but I don't think anyone would be too happy with Nick shoving a show that's already on so many times on both Nickelodeon and Nicktoons into the special haven of 1990's retroNick shows. However, there's one show they've been running that ticks me off.

All Grown Up.

Now, I'm in a very unique place with this one. There are four Nicktoons I genuinely think are the worst (and since Nicktoons actually ran Mighty B, I've seen all of them at this point), Rocket Power, NFL Guardians of the Rush Zone, Fanboy and Chum-Chum, and All Grown Up. However, I don't dislike AGU because it's a bad show. It's not. It's definitely good for what it is, not a bad little series at all. But my beef is, it's howlingly unnecessary. Rugrats' humor was all in babies misunderstanding the adult world around them, all the while getting glimpses of the adult world for comparative perspective. Like Tommy being taken to the "Graham" canyon and thinking it's the pile of tires in the garage they were stuck in. And I do have this problem with post-movie season episodes that skewed younger and became an unintentional Muppet Babies clone. And I do agree the special where we were shown a "what if" to see what they'd be like as teenagers (and barely teenagers at that) was cute, but as a regular series...eh... it's just another slice of life type show Klasky Csupo was obsessed with back in the late 90's, early 00's.

And it's definitely after the 90's, this series. 2003 to be exact. How do I know? This is when Nancy Cartwright took over for Christine Cavanaugh, who retired in 2001. I know it's connected to a 90's series and all, but if they're going to add 2000 era shows, they might as well add the infamous series that appealed to older kids and got cancelled for it, Invader Zim. Heck. Gir is still a staple of Hot Topic.