Old Nickelodeon

Erine81981

Reaction score
Speaking of Dan Schneider, apparently in the wake of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harrassmant revelations, there's actually a conspiracy theory floating around on social media that Dan is really a pedophile and that it will only be a matter of time before he is either exposed for it or has to confess it himself.
I could see something like this happening to him. I've heard that some of the woman on All That were molested but I don't think it was him it was some of the other crew members is what I heard about.
Did anyone catch the new "Legends of the Hidden Temple" movie and the Double Dare reunion on Nick last week?
I did and I really enjoyed it. Now there could have been some things on the LOTHT TV movie but I thought they did a really good job on involving Kirk Thatcher (if that's his name) and Dee Bradley Baker for the voice of Olmac being he was the original voice for the game show too. The Double Dare Reuion was pretty neat cause they used some All That cast members and some Fans. To me it was really neat to watch. Sorry for the long awaited replay Pig's Laundry for this. I just saw you had asked so I thought I would replay to both post at the same time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Speaking of Dan Schneider, apparently in the wake of Harvey Weinstein's sexual harrassmant revelations, there's actually a conspiracy theory floating around on social media that Dan is really a pedophile and that it will only be a matter of time before he is either exposed for it or has to confess it himself.
That's been a rumor for a loooong time. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems unlikely considering absolutely none of the actors from any of his shows have ever spoken up. I mean, it makes sense to stay quiet with big guys like Harvey, because you could get blacklisted from the business, or worse if you speak up. But Dan, he's not that powerful in Hollywood, he just makes tweencoms for Nickelodeon. Not to mention, they could've easily spoken out after their contracts with Nick were over, but none of them have; in fact, many of Dan's former actors have come back to work with him several years later, including Nathan Kress, a couple cast members from Zoey 101, the original cast of All That, and Kenan and Kel (more than once) and they still seemingly enjoy working with him.
I just think this is another instance of the internet seeing what they want to and blowing it way out of proportion.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did the Double Dare reunion get any old contestants?
Not that I recall they didn't. I would have to go back and watch. If anyone knows of the show "The Goldbergs" about a kid who tells about his life growing up in the 80's? The kid is supposed to be the guy who created the show back when he was a kid in the 80's so it's really neat concept. He even shows old Home Movies at the end of the show which some times the episode is based off. But there was one episode where Double Dare came to his home town to pick some contestants for the show. What's really neat is in the show there are two who act as the couches for the try outs and at the end you come to find out that both couches were two of his real friends who got to try out for Double Dare and got on the show. He shows both of them on Double Dare from back in the day. Really neat idea for an episode. I recorded so I would be able to watch it and show others who I knew used to watch Double Dare back in the day.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised considering he's a full grown adult that has had a crap ton of shows focusing around teenage girls (rarely ever boys). Plus the fact that his shows have a lot of foot fetish-y scenes in them doesn't help. I never thought of Dan to be that way until I heard this theory mentioned on YouTube and while I'm not accusing him of something he possibly didn't do, I'm still saying that it makes sense why people would say that.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Not that I recall they didn't. I would have to go back and watch. If anyone knows of the show "The Goldbergs" about a kid who tells about his life growing up in the 80's? The kid is supposed to be the guy who created the show back when he was a kid in the 80's so it's really neat concept. He even shows old Home Movies at the end of the show which some times the episode is based off. But there was one episode where Double Dare came to his home town to pick some contestants for the show. What's really neat is in the show there are two who act as the couches for the try outs and at the end you come to find out that both couches were two of his real friends who got to try out for Double Dare and got on the show. He shows both of them on Double Dare from back in the day. Really neat idea for an episode. I recorded so I would be able to watch it and show others who I knew used to watch Double Dare back in the day.
Maybe that's what I am thinking of instead.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, his obvious foot fetish with teenage girls is a start.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And is it just me, or do a lot of these teenage girls seem exceptionally photogenic and attractive? I almost feel dirty having the hots for the Thundermans girl. Or the glasses girl from Game Shakers who also did a voice in the Peanuts movie (can't remember if she was Lucy or Violet) - growing up, never saw nerd girls that look like they came from magazines that Big Bang Theory-types of nerds might get.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Used to have a thing for Ariana Grande.... Before I began to see how much of a **** she was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, because I don't really watch or pay much attention to any of these shows, I didn't even know who she was until she became a mainstream pop starlet and people began complaining about her mirroring Miley Cyrus by oversexualizing herself and tarnishing her previously squeaky-clean kid-friendly image.

Slightly off-topic, but isn't Dan's wife one of those Food Network celebrity chefs? I don't even remember who she is or what her name is, I just remember seeing something about her years ago, and showing pics of her with her husband and being like, "Oh! She's married to the Nickelodeon guy!"