Old Nickelodeon

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Legends of the Hidden Temple was great, but Double Dare was just plain awesome. I remember wanting to be on that show... Along with that one Nick Arcade show. But that wasn't nearly as interesting as Double Dare.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I grew up watching everything on Nickelodeon back in the 90's. I can't say enough of what i really loved but i enjoyed everything about the channel.

I have every one of the DVDs that came out only to know they still haven't released all of Clarissa Explains It all and Pete and Pete. But knowing they all got canceled after a few years later after they released them. They actually had planned for a "You Can't Do that On TV" best of DVD but it didn't make it. :frown:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
My favorites from old Nickelodeon were...

Today's Special, Special Delivery, Out of Control, Dangermouse, Count Duckula, The Little Prince, Turkey Television, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold! and, The Old episodes of You Can't Do That on Television.

And I also liked when before Cartoon Network came, Nick showed Yogi Bear and all of his spin off shows.
Thank you...I was waiting for someone to mention these shows! I'm not much younger than you Xerus, and I remember the programs you mentioned very well along with Nick Rocks.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Your right. I almost forgot about Yogi Bear being shown on Nick. I remember that like a i'm able to play it in my head like a DVD.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

Today's Special, Special Delivery, Out of Control, Dangermouse, Count Duckula, The Little Prince, Turkey Television, Ren & Stimpy, Hey Arnold! and, The Old episodes of You Can't Do That on Television.

And I also liked when before Cartoon Network came, Nick showed Yogi Bear and all of his spin off shows.
Yeah1 I would have top say I'm down with first generation Nick! I really liked most of the show on second generation too the the inclusion of the early Nicktoon's and the like. Anything after the first half of 96, it's every man for himself... "Hey Arnold" would probably be somewhere near where it ends for me. Anything after that, Blah, meh really... There were very few and far between things on there worth watching after that point for me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of "Hey Arnold" and "KaBlam!" show too. Hey Arnold was the time that "Alex Mac" was starting to come to an end. I would have really wanted a spin off show but i know they wouldn't now but back then they could have. But those three were some of my favorites even back in 96.

Drtooth

Reaction score

You know, I never got the chance to see Duckula and Danger Mouse. They weren't on until after I left my friend's house. I had to sit through those stupid Noozles and David the Gnome (YES! I'm the only one in the world that hated those shows.) and I never got the chance to see those until years later on Youtube...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh man! I love both Count Duckula and Danger Mouse! Those cartoon were brilliant! I loved The Noozles! That show was deep! David the Gnome was always a bit odd to me, but I lied it anyway!

ngreen522

Reaction score
I didn't really search to see if this was mentioned, do you guys remember The Big Help! every year they do some sort of telethon where kids pledge hours. (Well, I don't know if they've done it every year since I was a kid) but I think it started out as The Big Help! Then, years later it became Let's Just Play or something like that. and now I think they call it The Big Green Help. But it all started with The Big Help, back when I pledged.

Also, does anyone remember Nick burring a time capsule that they're supposed to dig up in 50 years. I think it was back in the early 90's .... Can't wait for that.