Old Nickelodeon

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember The Big help in the early days! That was a great telethon! And I do remember the time Capsule they had. Not that Nick Studios is no longer there it is now relocated at the Nick Hotel in Orlando. A copy Home Alone on VHS, an original Game boy, a video phone I think. Boy... That stuff is ancient already, haha!

Kiki

Reaction score
My faves:

Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Hey Arnold! Angry Beavers (Gaaa! I miss that show!), Ren and Stimpy, Ahhh Real Monsters, The Secret World Of Alex Mac, Clarissa Explains All, etc etc etc (I actually never had the Nickelodeon channel, but these shows aired on ABC :wink:)

xochval15

Reaction score
Old school Nickelodeon would be shows like "Pin Wheel" and "Double Dare".
YES! Pinwheel, Today's Special, Picture Pages, Inspector Gaget. These are the Nick's old school shows I remember. Those were the good ol' days. During the "lunch" hours they would show cartoons like Maple Town, Little Koala and David the Nome. When I was a bit older Clarissa Explains it All, Round House and the best ever Ren and Stimpy came out. All the shows after I thought were a bit petty. All though, Sponge Bob is kind of genuis. hahaha!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid I wanted to be on that game show "Nick Arade" so bad.

But anyway, I think Angry Beavers maybe one of the most underratted cartoon shows of all time, it was great. That's a cartoon show I totally want to see have a DVD release.

Another great "Old School" Nick Show, Eureeka's Castle

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Whoa! I had long forgotten about maple town!

And Yeah! I have always though that being in the human video game at the end round of Nick Arcade would be so much fun!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yes Angry Beavers was one of my all time favorites. Anytime i heard the song i would rush into my room or the living room just because it was an awsome cartoon show that i really enjoyed. I remember the first time they showed the first episode and it was right after the Kids Choice Awards (can't remember the year) but one of the best Nicktoons of all time.

Mr Devco

Reaction score
I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of the shows on Nickelodeon growing up but my Favorite Nick show of all time is The Adventures of Pete & Pete

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Don't forget Mya the Bee, The Lil' Bits, and the Little Prince! :big_grin: I saw a Mya the Bee Nintendo DS game the other day, it felt strange :stick_out_tongue: Didn't think she was still around.

I always wanted to be on Double Dare or Wild & Crazy Kids, but my food allergies would probably have prevented it, anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget Mya the Bee, The Lil' Bits, and the Little Prince! :big_grin: I saw a Mya the Bee Nintendo DS game the other day, it felt strange :stick_out_tongue: Didn't think she was still around.
Was it released by Infogrames, a European video game firm? I saw it as well, released under the name "The Bee Game." Maya the Bee is still a big staple in Europe, and I guess they just ported it over here and changed a couple things (if any).

here's some wikipedia info on the Bee in Question (okay, the game wasn't released by Infogrames after all). I think somewhere in the 70's and especially in the 80's, Japanese animation firms were doing work on a lot of European Stories and comics (Little Viking Vic- a favorite of One Piece author Eiichiro Oda- Alfred J Quack, Bow Wow Wowser, and others).