Old promos

SesameMike

Reaction score
Does anyone remember these promos for Sesame Street?

Circa 1975 -- Between shows, a general promo for PBS had some choir-like voices singing, "You belong with us, for we belong to you. Your Public TV stations." Those words were echoed in a black-background animation. Then, to an instrumental bed, a voice-over came on and described PBS shows as clips from them swere shown in succession. Sesame Street was at the beginning, including a bit of that animation where a boy is writing out the alphabet before his dog steal the letter I (claiming it looks like a bone). Several other shows were mentioned in the sequence including "Book Beat", "Lilias Yoga and You", and a new show called "Villa Allegre".

The sequence ended with a stretched out singing of "You belong with us..." to three clips:
An Electric Company clip of one of the male actors getting a pie thrown in his face
Bert "doin' the pigeon",
and the opening sequence to "The Adventures of Letterman" just before the title comes on. Closed with the familiar end-of-show PBS logo.

Circa 1971 -- This one had a woman walking past the 123 stoop, then stops and describes Sesame Street as "...it's just a little place... (seen on TV) from coast-to-coast and border-to-border."

Thinking about this one, I might be mixing it up with a (non-PBS?) commercial for the "Original Cast" Sesame Street record album. The commercial panned across a series of drawings of most of the characters of the time, as she said that the album was a way for you to "...bring all of Sesame Street, into your house."

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I think I remember the Electric Company clip of the pie. “You Belong With Us” I definately remember. :stick_out_tongue: