Old School Sesame DVD Amazon Sales Rank

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we are just weeks away from the exciting release of the Sesame Street Nostalgia Box Set DVD, I thought it would be fun for us to keep an eye on the Amazon DVD Ranking. Right now the Nostalgia set is sitting at around #10,000 with varying results each day. Click here to check out the current top 100 Amazon rankings.

Since most all of us will be getting the Sesame Street Nostalgia Box Set DVD, I'd like to mention that if you order the release from Amazon using the link above, that a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site and forum running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with free shipping.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, question... There's the thread in the Announcements section with the links to preorder the set and a portion of the sale will go to MC.

Is this thread here saying that even if the set goes on sale as of the projected date, 10/24, if I use this link instead of the preorder one a portion of the sale will still go to MC?
If so, that'd be great and would be best for me at this time... Cause then I could wait for the set to be released, use the link here to buy it once it's there, and still help out one of my most favorite places on the web.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count, you can use either Amazon link at any time and they'll still help out MC.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Thanks for the info. Will definitely try to get this one, though I'll probably be racing back home after my evening class on 10/24 at 8PM to get back home in time to catch the PBS special airing of The World According to Sesame Street that night.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Sesame Street Old School Box Set has climbed to 309 today.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
It's up to 248 now. I guess that new info. really made people want to buy it.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah I thought it would dramatically surge in sales once content details were given. I ordered two copies (one for me and one for my niece for Christmas). But I won't be receiving them until November 19th because I also ordered The Electric Company season 2 and, to save money, opted to have all 3 shipped together. I'll certainly miss not having them in late October like the rest of you guys but I have other great television dvds to also view in the meantime (like my recently received Bill Cosby Show season 1 from 1969 (VERY FUNNY SHOW!) and The Jeffersons season 5).

jrod

Reaction score
IF you go ahead and pre-order it, will you get charged for it now?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes but there's about a ten dollar discount for ordering it before its October 24th release date. So if you plan on getting it anyway pre-ordering is a good idea.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
You wont get charged for it now, only when it ships.

I don't think there's any place that charges for a pre-order before it ships.