Old School Sesame Street Live (1980-1999)

Dantecat

Reaction score
WHOA! Where on earth did you find this from?Hopefully Someone has the rest of it and Maybe someone only recorded part of it until someone told them they cannot record the live show or whatever that was all about.Amazing Ultra Rare Find!:wisdom::super:

zns

Reaction score
That's so cool. I hope we find more videos from some of the earlier shows too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've only watched the beginning of this, and it's hard to understand what they are saying with all the kids cheering and screaming.

I thought Herry's pants in this were plain blue, but I can see many lines, as if they are blue stripped pants.

I'd really like to see video for Big Bird's Totally Amature Show, which has a lot more characters. I'd like to see how The Two-Headed Monster was handled live.

SSLFan

Reaction score
This is amazing! Very neat find dude!

StarrFilter

Reaction score
WHOA! Where on earth did you find this from?Hopefully Someone has the rest of it and Maybe someone only recorded part of it until someone told them they cannot record the live show or whatever that was all about.Amazing Ultra Rare Find!:wisdom::super:
I randomly thought to search "Sesame Street Live" while I was on vimeo the other day and- Voila! This is the only SSL video on their channel, but I'm very tempted to message the owner of this video and ask if he has any more footage of the show :stick_out_tongue::insatiable:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I've only watched the beginning of this, and it's hard to understand what they are saying with all the kids cheering and screaming.

I thought Herry's pants in this were plain blue, but I can see many lines, as if they are blue stripped pants.

I'd really like to see video for Big Bird's Totally Amature Show, which has a lot more characters. I'd like to see how The Two-Headed Monster was handled live.
I agree; for some reason the sound quality is much better when I watch this on my iPad than when I watch it on my macbook... Herry's pants have always been striped. Either blue or red stripes, but Always striped :wisdom:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For some reason the full-body Herry looks weird. But he didn't appear in many Sesame Street Live shows (could that be why?).

For some reason I feel like his face here looks more like it looked in the late-1980s/1990s. At least I don't think the regular puppets face looked that way at the time... I don't think it looked that way in "Good Morning Morning" from the late-1980s (I always assumed the song was from season 19 or 20), though I think he does look that way in the 20th anniversary special as well as Monsterpiece Theater: Guys and Dolls (which I know is from season 20).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just watched the whole thing, this time with the volume up all the way so I could hear better.

There's that sequence where they are all wondering who's missing. While I knew it was Big Bird, I just wanted to say that more than one someone is missing: Biff, Sully, Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, Buster, Fred the Wonder Horse, Mr. Johnson, Bruno, Kermit, Two-Headed Monster, Martians, Honkers, Dingers, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Dr. Nobel Price, Gladys, Little Jerry and the Monotones, Chrissy and the Alphabeats, Frazzle, Simon Soundman, Telly, Elmo, and probably over a dozen more are missing!

I wonder if Vee Corporation or Sesame Workshop have ever had any of the live performances videotaped. I know portions (at least) were taped and put into the commercials, but it would be cool if there are tapes in existience of any of the performances, even if there were no plans to ever release them commercially. It would be cool if they could put out existing performances somehow, maybe online, downloadable, or on DVD. Hmm, now I'm hoping Sesame Street: Old School Volume 4 includes an '80s Sesame Street Live show (I imagine Vee owns the rights to the audio, though).

If all of the audio tracks still exist but no full shows were recorded, it'd be great if they could maybe release the audio with a slideshow, or maybe make a new performance with the puppets lip-synching to the audio (I wouldn't expect them to rebuild the walk-arounds of the many obscure characters who appear in the early shows). Heck, I'd settle for animated versions of the show with the original audio. It'd also be cool if the earlier ones would return for new performances.

Man, why did they have to wait until the late 1990s to start releasing soundtracks for the show?