Old School Vol 2

dinoboy

Reaction score
Interesting enough that with the old school vol 2, that there was a ton of things I saw that I didn't remember. I never realized how much has changed on that street. There was one film they show about two guys going on a picnic in the park and then decide to go for a ride in a rowboat. Then a doggie comes into the scene and discovers the food that they guys had left behind and he just helped himself. The guys discover this and learn to cooperate to get the rowboat to shore to chase off the dog. Strange thing that I've noticed is that one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt with the phrase "Yeah Sure" written on it. Was this some type of catch phrase of the 1970's, or was the other person a girl?
Although I admit that hearing the nightime version of the themesong as the Count is counting the lights that turn off at night sounded almost like a lullabye to me. Somehow back then there were alot of music like that being played to signify a dream sequense or other event that made it seem like a special moment. Especially when Bert dreams of him being a professional ice skater, or when Ernie dreams of many colorful balloons falling from above and filling the room. That was the song of Imagination. The ending theme to some of those episodes showed someone controlling a steeringwheel as they drove through the country, and you saw this from the driver's point of view. Talk about early 3-d movie making, thinking that your actually driving the car.