1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Grover New Member

2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Here's the latest from TVShowsonDVD...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7948

First of all, I LOVE the cover art! I like the fact that their using old-school Hooper's in the background this volume, as aposed to using modern-day 123 in the background on Volume 1.

And I take it this "very first episode ever made, never been broadcasted" is the first of those five test shows they produced that barely had any Muppets except for Ernie and Bert, who weren't allowed to interact with the human cast?

And an actual animation cel from Pinball Number Count? WOW! That would be awesome!

Sadly though, when they say "street date is November 6th", for me, anyway, that means the set won't hit any store in my town until, like, maybe, June of 2008.
  3. GelflingWaldo New Member

The is a Muppet News Flash...

From The Muppet Newsflash: Click here for information and cover art!

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-old-school-information.html
  4. zns Active Member

Fantastic. I'll probably buy the set for myself and ask for the Fraggle Rock: Season 3 set for Christmas. Anyway, can't wait for November. Hurray for Old School. :p :( :grouchy:
  5. heralde Well-Known Member

Awesome, sounds like there's more of the clips we were wishing for in the last volume. :)

I'm going to wait until Christmas for SS Old School (and Muppet Show Season 2), and watch Fraggle Season 3 when it comes out. :)
  6. Muppet dude Active Member

I'm betting the Sesame Street News Flash with Jack and Jill is going to be on this set; since it was probably the first one to feature the standard version of the News Flash logo and Kermit wearing his gray hat (instead of the brown one), from 1974 (Season 6). But I DO know the Humpty Dumpty one is definitely going to be on the DVD set, since it was part of the Season 7 premiere.
  7. Erine81981 Active Member

And we'll get to see the original version of the song "Rubber Duckie." I can't wait!
  8. anytimepally Active Member

I don't like the cover art.. no Big Bird, Oscar, or Count? I know they can't put everyone there, but they did fit seven characters comfortably on Volume 1
  9. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Wait a second, I thought the original Rubber Duckie was on Vol. 1? What do you mean?

Can't wait for this DVD now. Between this and the Looney Tunes Golden Collection 5, this is going to be one expensive fall.:eek:
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

The cover's OK, but the annoyed Bert right in the center sort of brings it down, lol. The other guys look great. :)
  11. ploobis Well-Known Member

I hope Frazzle (the song) will be on this DVD set!
  12. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The Muppet Newsflash article mentions that this will have Telephone Rock, but that's not mentioned in the tv shows on dvd article, and I didn't see it listed in any of the Muppet Wiki pages for the episodes included. What is the soruce that Telephone Rock will be included?

I often think up wishlists as well as speculation of what will be included, and three of the four guest stars mentioend are ones that were in sketches I've either hoped or predicted will be included. I didn't think about any Lily Thomlin sketches being on there. But then again, I was looking at the Muppet Wiki pages, and some of the episodes included have sketches with Lily Thomlin and Judy Collins. I wonder if they will also be in bonus sketches (the article didn't specify which they appear in). The press releases for the first set made it clear that the listed celebrity appearances were bonus sketches (though later press releases and the packaging for the first set mention Bill Cosby, who was only in one of the episodes included, and not any bonus material).

If Henry Winkler's on there, I suspect that he will be appearing as Fonzie. I know that Fonzie (and Richie Cunningham) appeared in a few sketches on Sesame Street. If Paul Simon's on there, then Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard will most likely be on the set (unless he made other appearances in those years).
  13. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've noticed a difference between this press release and the first press release for the first set that mentioned what features were to be included. The press release for the first one actually mentioned a few bonus sketches that were going to be included, but this one doesn't mention any specific sketches (I think it does mention Pinball Number Count, but the sketch for #2 is in two of the featured episodes, and I'd be surprised if another one was included as a bonus feature on the same set).

The press release for the first one mentioned some of the features that would be on there, saying that it has "songs that parents will remember, including Rubber Duckie, I Love Trash, and C is for Cookie" and "cartoons that parents will remember, including Ladybug Picnic, King of 8, Alligator King, and Pinball Number Count" (the last one, of course, wasn't included).
  14. ploobis Well-Known Member

I'm happy that the NEW volume is gonna have "Telephone Rock"! I also would like to see "Frazzle" (the song) in the bonus sketches of the DVD set, Wouldn't you?

:p :( :grouchy:
  15. Phillip Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.