Old Sesame tapes

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, the forum description mentiones talking about favourite Sesame merchandise, so I wanted to share this story with all of you.

A friend of mine, while cleaning her house the other day, found an old Sesame tape and saved it for me, and gave it to me the other day. It was a Christmas tape called "Merry Christmas from Sesame street"! I was excited, I thought it was a nice surprise.

Then 2 days ago, while looking through my closet, I found a bag of old cassettes and storybooks-on-tape. And in that bag I found a cassette labeled "Anniversary Album" from Sesame street! I'm pretty sure this is the "10th anniversary album", but since the cover is gone, I'm just assuming. I Googled it, and it's the only Sesame album with the word "anniversary" in the title. I've listened to it, and I love it. It's got an old versionof Bein' Green on it, along with alot of songs sung by Bob, the Cookkie Disco, and two songs by the count. And a bunch of other really fun songs!
I also found a Sesame music/excersice tape labeled "Bounce Along with Big Bird" from the mid-80's. I'm very excited about my old Sesame tapes! :stick_out_tongue:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I too have a couple old tapes, but (unfortunately) I dunno where they are. I have "The Sesame Street Alphabet Album" and a sing-along tape. I love that "Sammy the Snake!"

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Your Anniversary album IS indeed the 10th Anniversary one from 1979.

It originally came with a bunch of black and white 8 x 10's of the cast.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Your Anniversary album IS indeed the 10th Anniversary one from 1979.

It originally came with a bunch of black and white 8 x 10's of the cast.
Really? Cool! I'm pretty sure I ended up getting the tape at a garage sale when I was little, though, so I know I don't have those pictures in my closet.
:sympathy:

That Announcer, that's cool. Sesame music is fun. :stick_out_tongue: We need more Sesame smilies.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
Hi MrsPepper, I used to have a tape called "The Best of Sesame Street," but I'm not sure if I still have it...I think it may have gotten handed down to one of my little cousins, but it had some good songs on it--a lot of classics. I think it was given away at a time when I didn't really appreciate SS, and now I regret it!
~Dana~

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Aw gee, that's too bad. I ended up doing that with alot of my kids toys.
If you really want it, and your cousins are old enough to have grown out of Sesame street, ask their parents if you could raid their tape collections! :excited: