old show?

frogturtle

Reaction score
Hi. I remember watching a show on the old Disney Channel with muppets. Does anyone know what the name of the show is? :confused: It has a lizard named Izzy who lived with another muppet and a "nanny". I think the title was something like "____'s Treehouse", but I am not sure. If you have any information on this, please reply. Thank you!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Frogturtle,

'Under The Umbrella Tree'

Its not a Henson or Muppet Production.

see ya

King Prawn

Reaction score
I remember that show, it was cute, it had a Blue Jay, A Gopher & a lizzard and Molly i think was the Nanny (i'm 2% sure that was her name).

At first I though it was something Muppet related as it involved Puppets not being rude but before i saw the end credits i knew they weren't, the style of the puppets were not the same as those of the muppets.

frogturtle

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks. I didn't realize that it wasn't Henson related. But thanks anyway for helping me.
Valerie

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
As Warrick and King Prawn mentioned, it's Under the Umbrella Tree which was a Canadian series produced in Ottawa Ontario for the CBC by Noreen Young Productions. The show featured Fraggle Rock vet Bob Stutt as Iggy, Noreen Young as Gloria and her brother Stephen Brathwaite as Jacob. Canadian actress Holly Laberque played their human friend Holly (I got to met her a couple times and she is a delightful person to talk to).

The show has won numerous awards and nominations, including a UNIMA-USA citation of excellence for puppetry. You can get more information on Noreen Young Productions here.

King Prawn

Reaction score
At one time they used to air it here in the UK on the Disney Channel at 1 in the morning, then they would show another cool puppet show called something Mush featuring a puppet called Gallalaio, anyone one know what i'm talking about?

frogturtle

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know anything about that. I have never even heard of it, probably because i am in the USA. Sorry.
Valerie

King Prawn

Reaction score
that's okay, anyway I just remembered afew more things there was a computer under a tree, a wolf, a two headed monster, a girl/animal thing and an old grandmother... I wonder what the show was called I know it was something Mush

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
King Prawn,

You mean 'Groundling Marsh', I still have some of those episodes on video. At one time the line up would go Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock and then Groundling Marsh !

It was a real good show too, A very Henson feel.

Mudslinger (Two Headed Monster) looked great, So did the fox/weasel type creature !

see ya

King Prawn

Reaction score
Warrick said:
You mean 'Groundling Marsh', I still have some of those episodes on video. At one time the line up would go Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock and then Groundling Marsh !

It was a real good show too, A very Henson feel.

Mudslinger (Two Headed Monster) looked great, So did the fox/weasel type creature !

see ya
Thanks alot Warrick, last night I was thinking it was something along the lines of "Groundhog Marsh" I remember seein it right after Fraggle Rock on the Disney Channel but not Muppet Babies, that must have been a long time. I also remember one summer when Disney would continue untill 2:00 in the morning and i would see Under The Umbrella Tree and Groundling Marsh.

Thanks again Warrick