Old Topic > Ostrich feathers

BorkBork

Reaction score
I know we all are tired of old topics coming up again and again, but i have never felt that we have discussed it properly :smile:

Anyway, i was thinking...i had a hard time finding good coloured ostrichfeathers, but then i got an idea :excited:

How about using ostrich-boas? They come in many colors? Couldn't one snatch off the feathers from it and use'em?

Any ideas anyone? Andrew? Terry? Or anyone else? c'mon now :excited:

/Anders

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I use feather boas when I make a puppet, and just leave it intact. You have to make tight little stitches, though, so you don't catch the feathers in the thread.

BorkBork

Reaction score
So, where can i buy cheap nice boas in different colors?

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
If you live in a large city, check out your city's Chinatown. Loads of inexpensive feather boas in a huge variety of colors are often on sale. In Chinatown NYC, where I live, retail and wholesale store have ones in ostrich and more typical feather styles (I saw one this morning that made me think of building a small Big Bird-like Puppet - like all BB's alternate international cousins :wink: )

BorkBork

Reaction score
Yeah, why didn't i think of Ebay....
We don't have a china town in Malmö, sweden. However lot's of stores with all sorts of junk so i'll go look there too :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
oh, don't you just hate it when most of the sellers ships to US only....:mad:

BorkBork

Reaction score
Yes i have a craft store nearby, but they don't have any ostrich products anymore :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You can sometimes find stuff at yard sales, outlet stores, junk stores (or antique stores), costume jewelry stores...SO many places to find good stuff. You can find fake fur in some of those places, too.