Old Toys Return Muppet Style

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Isn't immitation the finest form of flatery, or some junk like that?

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Are there any Forbidden Planet stores in the U.S.? I think those toys are pretty cool, but they'd cost about $20 for the four of 'em, plus who-knows-what for shipping...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
WOW! Those are neat!! henson has to stop making all this cool stuff at once! let us catch up with the other stuff! LOL! hey it is better then years of practicly nothing at all.

yes they do look VERY much like Palisades, that's unbeliable on how good looking they are! Great Character pics too!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, We, should all bow down to Sarah, Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
No 'Forbidden Planet' stores in the states that I know of, this must be a British product or something because it seems very cheap to have been imported with our customs and VAT charges. Maybe they'll get exported to comic stores in the states.

Actually this being a lookalike Palisades product does show what a good idea it would have been if they themselves had thought of it and picked up the license. It would have been a great pocket money type collectable that could have been made for the hardcore fans and also all the casual ones and people just browsing - retailing at a price (i reckon $2.50'ish if made for the USA) where you'd likely sell a lot. There'd be less of a risk as they must be far cheaper to produce so Palisades could probably have done ALL the variations and obscure characters as well as the major ones, even if the obscure characters were just targetted at the hardcore fans as a sub line through a website or comic stores. You could have had exclusive club one's and one's that got 'retired' for slightly higher prices like the Funko nodders. I guess people would get fed up sooner or later with 'Animators' but it does show that it's possible to do good looking collectables at really dirt cheap prices and have the opportunity to still cover the entire character base as well as just the usual candidates. I think Palisades should look for another idea like that .... cheap Muppet stuff sells and not everything has to be mega-detailed - if you found something that retained the whole 'collector' element it would be a great accompaniment to their existing lines.

...... of course whoever has made the Animators has likely used Palisades products and ideas to actually get their stuff looking this good for the price, which they should get their butts kicked for !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah that would be something i could afford :eek:

i bet they'll show up on E-Bay for under 10 (with shipping)

but it would REALLY be cool if somewhere like wal-mart could get them in......cause even in tiny town oklahoma we have easy access to a wal-mart (we used to have one in town, but they build a supercenter in our neighboring town, and closed ours)

Sarah

Joe

Reaction score
these will be available in the USA, I saw them at Toy Fair (just wasn't allowed to take photos) they've also got simpsons ones coming out, and some other muppety products (keychains, or something like them I think)

Luke

Reaction score
Any idea who the company making them is ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Paliz-aides Toys. :wink: They make Rollexx watches too. :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - Maybe they got their license from the Jim Henderson Company. :wink:

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Any idea who the company making them is ?
The Muppet Post Card I got at Toy Fair was for Sababa Toys, and I thought, up until yesterday, that it was them. but when I actually read the postcard it only specifically mentions one type of product, which I didn't see, so I have no idea where I got the post card, but it still very well could be them.

http://www.sababatoys.com (nothing there though)