Olivia & Elmo

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here's something I'm wondering about. This crossed my mind after the unfortunate passing of Aliana Reed Hall, has Olivia ever interacted with Elmo? It does seem like she was phasing out when he was phasing in. Have they ever been seen together. I thought I saw Olivia talking to Elmo in at least one sketch, unless I'm thinking of Susan. I don't know. Any thoughts here?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, both Olivia and Elmo are in "Follow That Bird", although I can't say that they necessarily interact. Elmo has an incredibly very brief cameo at best (more like just one of the background characters) in the movie and Olivia has much more of a major role. But I guess this is like saying they were both on Sesame Street together for at least a few years. I'll have to think more on this for any Olivia and Elmo interactions.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, Gonzoleaper, in response to your post, that was the Richard Hunt, Elmo. Definitely not the Elmo of today.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- so Elmo went from Brian Muehl to Richard Hunt to Kevin Clash, right? And basically he was just a background character with little, if any, lines until Kevin Clash picked him up?
Thanks for the clarification.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay- so Elmo went from Brian Muehl to Richard Hunt to Kevin Clash, right? And basically he was just a background character with little, if any, lines until Kevin Clash picked him up?
Thanks for the clarification.
I saw a season 12 press release that mentioend Elmo as a new character (though he'd made a few appearances in season 11, unless the 40th anniversary DVD got the year wrogn for the two sketches with him), and it said that Elmo spoke in sounds instead of words. I wondered if maybe it was confusing him witht he Honkers, who also debuted that year. I learned that Brian Meehl has an official site, and sent him an e-mail, asking if maybe it was a mistake... And Meehl said that when he performed Elmo, he usually said just one word and repeated it (hmm, much like how in Follow That Bird he just shouts "no,no,no,no,no!"). He also said that Elmo started out as a character learning english and spanish.