On the MC Forum...circa 1970?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
This is so weird.

I'm using a friend's computer right now, and last night, apparently his computer crashed. It's working fine now, but apparently it reset everything to default date and times.

Which means that, right now at the top of this forum, where the banner is displaying reporter Kermit, Pigs in Space Piggy, Pepe, etc., the date reads Jan. 1, 1970.

So...umm...how about that Sesame Street, huh? Boy, that shrimp sure looks like a funny character -- too bad I won't meet him for another 26 years.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Piggy, Janice Bunsen & Red haven't been introduced either (and TGMC hasn't been made so Reporter Kermit doesn't exist)

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't do anything to Pepe. Since you're stuck in 1970, you might make it so he'll never be born.

And you never know, this could create a time paradox that would unravel the fabric of the space-time continuum that would destroy the universe!

(Man, I can't wait for the Back to the Future DVDs to come out)...

:big_grin:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Hey 1970 ain't so bad. In fact, it is a *great* year!

Afterall, I was *born* in good 'ole 1970!

Yay! 1970!

:big_grin:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Oh boy! The Great Santa Claus Switch is coming on CBS in a couple weeks! I really wanna see it! (And I do in 2002 also...I have never seen it...tell me when you resume trading, Matt. :smile: )

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Sorry, Jeffrey Gray. This is JANUARY 1970. You still have 11 months till Great Santa Claus Switch airs. But at least you haven't missed it yet! Keep an eye on that Cigarbox Frackle...I expect big things from him.

Emmy: LOL! Great Scott! I'd better not prevent Bill Barretta from working with Brian Henson at Sesame Place (which by the way doesn't exist yet). And by the way, I'm looking forward to the DVDs too. :smile:

Come to think of it, I don't even think the Count exists yet! I believe Jerry joined Sesame Street in the second season. So basically we've got two months of Sesame to talk about at this point. We've got a really bad-sounding Big Bird and a really primitive Bert and Ernie. Well, everyone set your VCRs anyway so we can get every episode. Noggin sure ain't gonna show all these.

Did I say VCRs? Whoops...I meant your 8 mm projectors and your reel-to-reel audio tapes. :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Emmy: LOL! Great Scott! I'd better not prevent Bill Barretta from working with Brian Henson at Sesame Place (which by the way doesn't exist yet). And by the way, I'm looking forward to the DVDs too. :smile:
Boy if you did that, Jackie and I would have some other little "organization". We wouldn't be mad, because we'd have no idea who this "Bill" fellow is. :big_grin:

However, this is all assuming that your trip to the past doesn't interfere with us being born somehow.

**hand starts to fade**

Uh oh. This is heavy. :big_grin:

(less than a week for those DVDs, and I'm all giddy)

Joggy

Reaction score
Wow! That's great! Like, finally my hairstyle is considered fashionable again! :big_grin:

The collectables section would be highly boring... all we knew back then were the SS records and "Books Of...", Rowlf and Kermit puppets, Wilkins and Wontkins puppets, Hey Cinderella puppets... It would certainly make working on Kermitage a lot easier! :big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
I can't post...i'm not even born yet!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Wow. If it's 1970, then my 2002 self (seeing that there was no 1970 me) is the same age as my parents...