On Writing Fan Fiction (Discussion)

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
What a WONDERFUL sentiment, Yva! That's just awesome right there--and very, very true.
I will openly admit that it is something that I had to learn and it was not easy. Sometimes I grew discouraged that people did not read my stuff. Then I started posting a story where one person started leaving page long comments to it and I had to accept that it was not quantity that made the difference, it was quality.

One person can make a difference.

Thank you for making a difference to me. I was not in a very happy mood coming here, and reading your words did make me smile. So, I really appreciate your acknowledgement. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
You know what has always made me wonder about writing online is how long a typed page with normal formatting is compared to a page of a normal everyday published novel..I learned the number of words once but I forgot them...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that even on FF.net (which use to be very active) reviews have been getting rarer these last few years..Or at least, if you aren't writing for one of the super fandoms like Twilight or Harry Potter...
I wonder why? Do you think online reviewers are reading less than they use to? Or just less longer fics and more one shots?
I do usually get a higher review rate on one shots than anything else...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That's why I didn't want to post my fics on there anymore. I think business might pick up when schools and such start having winter breaks and stuff. Long fics are hard to read when you've got lots of things due.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, it seems to not just be a school time vs. not in school time thing anymore, readership on the internet just isn't how it use to be :frown:. Maybe it is how much time many people spend on myspace, I dunno...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've got all of the Elder Clan Adventures plotted out in brief. School being what it is though (and my grades in it), I can only update at most once a week. After this semester is over, I'll hopefully have it finished so I can start on my original "next project", which will be The Mighty Megalosaurus, which will chronicle Earl's teen and young adult years.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I keep all my plots in my head..if I so much as put a word of an ending down before its time bad things happen and the words don't flow right. I have this rule that when I write a song for a chapter I have to write up to that point in the story before I let myself stop for the night. It is a lot of work but it helps with tone I think ^.^.

Black Snow should be finished by X-Mas if not sooner. It's not long, just very emotional and hard to write...

For some reason I've gotten use to writing three stories at once...Since All Hallows' will be done tonight or tomorrow I am thinking of starting my fraggle movie idea:excited:...

Someone said once that movie makers can't read our fanfics, I wonder if the same goes for actors:coy:. It would be so cool if some of our ideas got noticed:excited:!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, not that I have any proof of anything, but it seemed weird to me to have written a flashback scene where Rowlf complains to Skeeter about skateboarding ... and then Rizzo has a youtube video about ... Rowlf skateboarding...

Redsonga

Reaction score
It is funny to see things like that... I think if any fandom would be open to reading fan takes on characters it would be the muppets :smile:. I mean with other types of movies you only have the writers and actors but with the muppets and fraggles there is a whole other layer to how the puppeteers can bring them to life and have a say so in what they will and won't do even with a hot glue gun aimed at them :coy:...

All Hallow's is done! Yay!..I think I'm starting to really have faith in myself actually being able to finish things :3