Once Upon a Studio - Walt Disney Animation’s celebration of The Walt Disney Company’s 100th anniversary

C to the J

Reaction score
It's seems like Disney character get together scenes happen once in lifetimes or sooner. Like The House of Mouse, Kingdom Hearts, Disney Infinity, and now, Once Upon a Studio.
Exactly! I never took the two video game series into account, so thanks!

As far as the character count goes, I have a total of 478. If I were to add the 84 Dalmatians (that’s 101 - Pongo - Perdie - their 15 pups), that would bring the number up to 562. Maybe 19 Dalmatians were not included. Also, there are a couple of birds from Cinderella who were only seen in one scene with Antonio, Cri-Kee, Pascal, Meeko, and Pua.

Here’s a spreadsheet I made showing how I got the numbers: It’s best viewed on the Sheets app.

Believe it or not, I knew 98% of the names by heart.

Last edited:

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm glad they used the original animated characters, and not the live action or CGI rebooted characters.

C to the J

Reaction score
So am I. Gotta uphold the reputation when you’re representing WDAS. It’s also nice to see acknowledgement of films that aren’t as frequently watched or talked about as the most popular ones.

Oh, I just realized I didn’t count the trolls from Frozen in rolling rock form. That would put my number somewhere between 480 and 490.

Last edited:

C to the J

Reaction score
So apparently, this short wasn’t played in front of Wish, which I saw at the movies today. I don’t know why some people, especially critics, are panning WDAS’s latest movie, but no matter what they say, the story and references, including how the traits of Asha’s friends are similar to those of the seven dwarfs (as well as the first letters of their names), appeal to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding DAC #62, Wish... I was interested in the end credit easter egg to know which film will be next year's release. Instead, it has a roll call shout-out similar to Once Upon a Studio with the respective previous film's star characters appearing in the night sky as stars themselves. It's quite fitting a tribute and it gives me a Kingdom Hearts vibe. However, there are thirteen out of the sixty-one films that were skipped over.

(Dunno how to do it, imagine the heading of "List of 13 Items"):
Saludos Amigos.
The Three Caballeros.
Make Mine Music.
Fun and Fancy Free.
Melody Time.
The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad.
The Rescuers.
The Black Cauldron.
The Rescuers Down Under.
Meet the Robinsons.
Winnie-The-Pooh.
Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Frozen 2.

After all that, what easter egg did they include to hint at what the next film will be? Frozen 3? Zootopia 2? Or something not yet announced?

C to the J

Reaction score
Regarding DAC #62, Wish... I was interested in the end credit easter egg to know which film will be next year's release. Instead, it has a roll call shout-out similar to Once Upon a Studio with the respective previous film's star characters appearing in the night sky as stars themselves. It's quite fitting a tribute and it gives me a Kingdom Hearts vibe. However, there are thirteen out of the sixty-one films that were skipped over.

(Dunno how to do it, imagine the heading of "List of 13 Items"):
Saludos Amigos.
The Three Caballeros.
Make Mine Music.
Fun and Fancy Free.
Melody Time.
The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad.
The Rescuers.
The Black Cauldron.
The Rescuers Down Under.
Meet the Robinsons.
Winnie-The-Pooh.
Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Frozen 2.

After all that, what easter egg did they include to hint at what the next film will be? Frozen 3? Zootopia 2? Or something not yet announced?
Actually, Ichabod Crane was shown, so you can take TAoI&MT off the list. I think RBtI and F2 were excluded because they already got Wreck-It Ralph and Elsa in there.

As for the hint at the next movie, I didn’t see any anything, not since that massive aircraft from Strange World in Encanto’s credits (SW’s credits had an image of the Backson from Winnie the Pooh, probably a reference to both films having the same director).

Asha’s 100-year-old grandfather, who wished to be an inspiring lute player, plays a couple of bars of When You Wish Upon a Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Star appeared during the end credits sequence of Strange World. Guess we'll just have to wait for which film will be next. Good thing I've got other films I'm waiting for next year too.

C to the J

Reaction score
Here’s a thought: Willie (the giant) has the ability to change himself into anything - it would have been the perfect opportunity for him to become, dare I say it, a teeny weeny fly with pink wings. That way, he would have been able to zip out of his picture, down the halls, through the lobby, and out the doors. Then again, if he went to his regular size outside the studio, the drivers on Ventura Freeway would have noticed him, unless he went on his knees and positioned himself somewhere on the far left of the studio entrance. Then again then again, the portrait would have appeared uneven with the biggest character taking up the top left corner. Oh well.

C to the J

Reaction score
Guess what. The short is now free to watch on the Tube of You! Anyone who missed it on ABC or has no access to Disney+ can check it out whenever they want.

C to the J

Reaction score
If there’s one thing I dread most about DTVA having a fan made variation, it’s that the overrated shows would be given the most attention, pushing the underrated ones far, far to the side. Apparently, the majority of social media always gush about Gravity Falls, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Amphibia, and/or The Owl House, so they might make them more prominent, which would make me even more weary of their unsurpassable popularity (what with Wander Over Yonder still having unfinished business, of course). I mean, seriously, what do those shows have that the others don’t?

What I’m trying to say is, social media can be so darn biased when it comes to DTVA favoritism.