Once Upon my Heart

green stuff

Reaction score
Introduction
It had been five years since anything out of the ordinary had happened. Yes, they still saw each other on a regular basis, but not in the way that they had grown quite accustomed to. For the most part, they all still lived at the Boarding House, but some had moved out. To be more specific, for the past year or so Gonzo and Camilla had been residing in their own apartment (with personally installed sound proof walls for those days where he felt like trying out stunts at home, of course.) For a while, Fozzie tried to live the singled out apartment life, but he found it too lonely, and moved back in to the Boarding House. Much to everyone’s relief, the Electric Mayhem got their own place. This actually proved to be more of a disappointment for some, as I suppose some actually like being awakened by a synthesizer blasting or a crescendo on an electric guitar screaming through your walls. But you know how it is: different strokes for different folks. Kermit and Piggy had been married for almost five years, and now lived in their own house (as far away from the Boarding House as humanly possible, I might add) with Robin. Piggy was still leading a double career as an actress/model, and Kermit was mostly a director, but occasionally, a screenplay writer. Speaking of Robin, Robin was a teenager now, a senior at Valley High School, in fact. He worked at the Muppet Theatre for his Uncle Kermit -when there was work to be done, that is- and worked at a local convenience store on the weekends. When he wasn’t engaging in those activities, he was busy preparing himself for college. His plan A was to attend Danhurst College, the same college that his uncle and aunt attended in their college days. If anyone, Robin was quite the busy bee.
But the one who was even busier, of course, as always, was Kermit. See, Kermit thoroughly enjoyed being wrapped in the comfort and joy of having his ideal job, father-figuring, and marital bliss, but to him, something was off, quite off. The Muppets hadn’t been together, completely together for years. What had happened exactly was that they were all doing so well on what was once their show, that the demand became higher and higher for them to branch out and do movies again. So they did. But- for some reason, when they returned to the movies, not everybody was on board. Some wanted to get on with their lives and do other things. For some, this was their life, but they just wanted to do one or the other. Films, or the show, and not both. For some, going back to movies was a bad move, as it would mean that their services and talents would be needed less. So, needless to say, after a while, the number of Muppets who stuck around became fewer and fewer. Therefore, the Muppets, well, they kind of retired. From there, everybody went on to do their own things. (As I said, they all started to individuate and do their own things, Kermit and Piggy got married, Robin grew up, etc.) Particularly, Robin really missed it, though. The memories that he had acquired while working on the Muppet Show were some of the best he ever had. To say that whenever he would go to work at the Muppet Theatre without feeling a twinge of misery each time would be untrue, for now all their theatre was now was a sort of space used only for concerts and occasional community movie nights.. ‘There go all my hopes, my precious dreams,’ he thought.
Little did he know that Old Uncle Kermit was way ahead of him. He had missed the feeling he got while being crowded around everyone after a successful show, too. Although he often complained of how hectic things were when they all were around, as much as he’d hate to admit it, he much rather liked it when they all were around. So--Kermit was devising a plan. A plan to get them all back together. A plan to bring them out of their semi-retirement and renew their friendship once and for all. But--it was not going to be an easy plan. I t was a plan that called for many things, and on many peoples’ parts. Yes, it was a plan that called for something old, something new, something crazy, and yes, even some blues………..