One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Do we need to answer that question Renee?

*Whistling...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I meant where was it in the story! I thought he was reffering to your story, cause I didn't see/read Uncle Deadly with Robin in there at ALL! :big_grin:
I know he was talking about my story anyways. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh sorry bout that then... Uncle Deadly and Robin are there in Part 3, where they're putting the figures away.

BEAR

Reaction score
Awesome story so far, Ed! I am loving it! And, as everyone else has said, it is so fun to see so many MC dormies making cameos. Thanks for putting me in Hooper's Store, it is the perfect spot for me, and what a great nod to Big Bird in that scene. He is my #1 customer. Hehehe! Can't wait for more.

BEAR

Reaction score
By the way, I really like the title. Wonder if the song will play some sort of role in this.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
COUNT! Oh my goodness! I know I haven't really been here lately, but I've been reading, and oh my goodness! Oh my gosh good golly graciousness and holy mosquitoes! I love it, I absolutely love and adore it, and maybe I'm biased- okay not maybe, I just am- but I especially love this part right here:

The Count said:
She led the furry blue monster to a table where a young girl was almost nodding off to sleep.
Kim: "Lisa... Lisa? Honestly, how that girl manages to go to school, work part time at that newspaper, and get a good night's sleep... She used to be one of our best young authors. She still is, just look at all the books she's borrowed."
Covers of books were sprawled on the shelf and table near Lisa. One showed Kermit on a sad moonlight swamp scene; another had little Robin riding his bicycle with a determined look of getting away from someone; there was one with Elmo wearing a crown and a glowing red ruby; and yet another of Beauregard stepping through the rainbow.
And this part, right here:

The Count said:
Sara pointed to Lisa, still with her head buried in a mess of books from her Jewish studies class and whatever notebooks for her own stories she had handy.
Oh my gosh! I- if I had the ability to do backflips, I would have done backflips when I read that! My stories! And The Revenge of Elmo! And What Is On the Other Side! And my notebooks! And JEWISH STUDIES CLASS! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <bounces/dances> I love it! I love and adore it! And ALL the cameos, and every inch of the story! Oh my gosh, it makes me SO happy! And you get <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!

And you get my nagging, too, naturally. More, please! This is awesome! I love it! And I second Bryan's comment on the title. And I want more! Please! Pretty please with muffins on top!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
We'll see... Like I said, redoing the list's priority #1 in my free time. And I need to think where the story's going.
As for the title... You'll see why I chose it.

Me thinks I have a nice little tie-in for the next segment...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 7...

A week passed since Super Grover arrived in Hensonville. His roommate, Kyle, showed him the ropes to daily living in the sleepy hamlet of Muppetdom. There were times Grover got out late at night, too generous to give up his line at the checkout counter at the Super Market. Other times, he would walk through the streets looking at all the people and Muppets who worked and lived in this town.

Super Grover kept walking through the streets of Hensonville, until he got to a large building he hadn't seen before... The local newspaper offices. Activity inside was hustling and bustling all over... Reporters stampeding to the coffee machine, the presses rolling at incredible speed, and a couple of journalists chatting away in the corridors.
"So anyway, I think you'll have a good time starting out..." said a red-haired female Muppet.
SG: "Mommy?"
"Yes?" the red-haired female Muppet turned around, frowning a bit to see the blue monster standing there instead of her son. Her glasses glinted with the light of the overhead bulbs, looking at Super Grover.
"Excuse me, but you are not my son um... Mr. Monster".
SG: "Oh sorry... You sounded like my mommy. But who are you? I haven't seen you before."
"Oh my name's Sadie... Sadie Grosse, I'm Scooter and Skeeter's mom."
SG: "Oh, that makes sense... You both share the same style of... um, glasses." Grover said softly, fishing for a compliment.
"Thank you dear... Just teaching our new trainee here..."
Sara: "Hey Super Grover, you going to get a job here too?"
SG: "Oh hellooooo Sara!" as he ran up to slap her on the back.
"Come along dears, we don't want to make the chief angry..." Sadie commented as she led the two past a set of thick-glassed doors to the editorial offices.

The editorial desk had all the trappings of a journalist juggernaut... The portrait of Fozzie and Kermit's Dad, the Pulitzer Prize mounted on the wall behind the desk, and a shiny plaque with the name Mike Tarkanian in embossed letters. Yes, he had come in on a personal favor from Sadie, who worked under the previous regime... Mr. Tarkanian, the seasoned veteran now ran two newspapers out of the Hensonville offices. The Daily Chronicle kept his paycheck secured, distributed to the entire nation; while the Hensonville Observer kept everybody else employed as part of the local paper.

Mr. Tarkanian: "Sadie... You got the new cub reporter?"
Sadie: "Yes sir, here she is, her name's Sara Vines. She'll be working with us part time, she's another student reporter like Lisa."
Mr. Tarkanian: "Fine, fine... Just so long as they get me the stories on time... Who's that walking pile of blue carpeting behind you?"
SG: "It is I, Su... Per Grover!"
Mr. Tarkanian: "Oh great... Just what I need, another super-powered nut case."
SG: "Do not fear sir, I am a seasoned reporter as well!" And with that, the furry monster spun around quickly changing into his brown trenchcoat and fedora.
"Just call me Grover Kent. Ah ha ha ha."
Mr. Tarkanian: "Look kid, the staff's overworked right now. Just report to Sadie and we won't have any problems."

As the team walked out of the offices, Sara said her good-byes, she darted off to college for her night classes.
SG: "So tell me Ms. Grosse... Just why does that scary man trust you?"
Sadie: "Well dear... It came with the job. Used to work for the Observer's original chief... A real demon of a man."
She frowned slightly as a flitting memory of Eli Takashi played across her mind.
Sadie: "Yes... Old Eli had his faults, but at least he brought us together. Anyway, when Mr. Tarkanian acquired the newspaper offices, he promoted me to Second in Command under him. Now I take care of hiring new press personnel and correcting the articles before they go to print."
Super Grover merely nodded in quiet ascent.
Sadie: "Well, here we are... The theater... You boys have a lot to do to get ready for that show of yours."
SG: "Yes we do madam. Is there anything little old Grover can do for you?"
Sadie: "No... Just do your best in there. And remind Scooter I need to talk to him about that girl."
SG: "Sara?"
Sadie: "Mmmhm... We need to talk, mother to son."
*Lowering her voice a little: "Confidentially, her father scares us a little. After that incident with a Mr. McFly..."
*Raising her voice back to normal: "But that's not your concern. Just have a great show."
She hugged him, one of those motherly hugs before she headed back to the Muppet Boarding House for what she had to come to know as a normal evening of dinnertime chaos.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
A great chapter Ed! I love your references to Sara's stories! I'm sure she'll love it as well! :smile: