One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Just LMK what it is you're having trouble understanding... It's the action figures of them made by Palisades that the Muppets are controlling... You'll see/read more of that when I finally get this to the actual tribute show. Think along the lines of the Señor Wences TMS Episode or The Christmas Toy if you have that one instead.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Oh my gosh! I'm turning into Lisa.
<double take> <blink blink> <scrunches lips up funny> Well now that's peculiar. However I do commend your nagging, it is of excellent quality.

Speaking of what I commend, I also commend Part 8! Tis lovely, lovely lovely lovely. I particularly like Miss Piggy "trying" to keep her cool, seeing Skeeter at the Theater (Hey look, it rhymes!), and perhaps most of all- my bias shows again- this part! Right here:
The Count said:
"Yo Kerm... How come I always gotta fix this stupid light?"
"Well Clifford, like maybe it's some sort of carmic conversion" piped Janice.
<giggles>

Oh, and since this is the first I'm noticing it, I will take this opportunity to say that I also commend your new signature! I love that song, I just adore it.
<sings> Said he to me, "Now let me see if I have heard you right; you'd like to go to Morrow and return tomorrow night. You should have gone to Morrow yesterday and back today, for the train that goes to Morrow is a mile upon its way. If you had gone to Morrow yesterday now don't you see, you could've gone to Morrow and returned to day at three. But the train that goes to Morrow if the schedule is right; today it gets to Morrow and returns tomorrow night."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I can't say much more than what's already been said, but this was another nice installment Ed. Really pulls at the heartstrings, I want to give Grover a hug.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 9...

"Another day, another headache" Statler commented to Waldorf as the two hecklers took their chairs as usual. Though the show wouldn't be that day, the duo still liked to sit in on the proceedings and hurl their insults after each act.
"Come on guys... Let us rehearse our acts" Fozzie complained plaintively.
"You need all the practice you can get" quipped Waldorf.
"Yeah, you might even get a joke right one of these days" Retorted Statler as they both laughed.

Super Grover stayed in costume, since he'd have an act with the other superhero figures. Sure he could just as easily slip out of his helmet and cape, but it helped him stay in character when manipulating his own figure. It had to be done gently due to the bendie wires in the figure's arms... And he didn't want one of them to snap off inadvertently like he heard from some of Ed's friends commenting on the boards.

After the number was over, Super Grover's thoughts went back to that old sore spot...
SG: "Uh, Kermie baby?"
"Yes Grover?" answered the frog-in-chief.
SG: "Think I'll just take a walk outside, if you don't need me for the rest of rehearsals."
"No, that'll be fine, we'll just go and get you if we need you for anything." replied Kermit.

Super Grover walked out the theater's rear entrance, walking the short distance to the corner lamppost. His thoughts kept harping on how he was the only one from Sesame Street that had a figure, joining his Muppet family here in Hensonville. His mind wandering, a song crept into his thoughts... A song he remembered from their big movie. A bit of sadness was noticeable in his voice as he sang, as it attracted a few friends from nearby the theater.
Sal Manilla: "That's the most bee'yuteeful song I hoid."
"You said it" said Bean Bunny as a tear escaped from his eyes down his cute little cheek.
Bobo: "Almost makes you pine for the good ol' days."

The rest of the Muppets just went back to business, except for the green frog who overheard the blue monster. He hopped quickly to try and convince his uncle to include this song as one last act.

Grover just kept walking down the street, without realizing, entering Jim's Coffee Shop. The crowds weren't too bad that day, the shop was only about a quarter filled with patrons.
Jim: "Hey Grover, anything I can get for you? Grover?"
The monster just sat down at the counter, he almost didn't hear the man with brown shaggy hair talking to him.
SG: "Huh? Wha? Oh hello Mr. Henson."
Jim: "You look like you could use some cheering up."
SG: "No... It's just that..."
Jim: "You're feeling kinda lonely here in town?"
SG: "Well, yes, but it's a bit more than that."
Jim: "You feel like you don't have any friends to share with you?"
SG: "Yes, that's sort of the problem. I mean, Kermie baby and his friends are family... But more of like a second extended family. I miss my friends from Sesame Street, and more to the point... That they won't be in the show cause they won't have figures of themselves."
Jim merely nodded taking in the conversation, while he served Grover a cup of hot chocolate.
Jim: Well Grover... The way I see it, there are two things you can do."
SG: "What's that?"
Jim: "You can either sit around moping that the guys from Sesame aren't represented with figures of their own, or..."
SG: "Or... What?"
Jim: "Or you can get past that and think of how proud your Sesame Street family will be to have you in one of the Muppets productions. After all..."

A certain brown shaggy-haired Muppet struck up a tune on his banjo, accompanied by two others on a base and lead guitar.
Jim Henson Muppet, singing:
I found out a long time ago
You gotta learn to say "yes" when life says "no"
Don't dwell on the bad times once they're past
That kind of thinking gets you nowhere fast

'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind
Once you set your heart to movin' on
There ain't no road too long

Frank Oz Muppet: Don't look back; don't you turn around!
Jerry Nelson Muppet: Just keep your eye on where you're bound!
Frank and Jerry together: And you're bound to get from here to there
'Cause a dream can take you anywhere!

Cookie Monster, in a back booth, spoken: Oh! Take me to cookies!

Super Grover, joining in: 'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind
Jerry Nelson Muppet: And once you set your heart to moving on, hut, hut
Then there is no road too long!

SG: 'Cause there ain't no mountain you can't climb
If you hang on tight and just make up your mind!
And once you set your heart to movin' on
Yeah, there ain't no road too long

Jim Henson Muppet: Ain't no mountain you can't climb!
SG, spoken: That's right!
Jim Henson Muppet: If you hang on tight and just make up your mind!
SG, spoken: Uh huh!
Jim Henson Muppet: Once you set your heart to movin' on!
SG, spoken: Sing it!
Jim Henson Muppet: There ain't no road too long!
There ain't no road too long!
SG: There ain't no road too long!
Jim Henson Muppet: No, there ain't no road too long!
SG, spoken: You're right! If I just keep on going, everything will turn out fine.

With that, the furry blue monster ran back to the theater, feeling much better than he had in weeks ready to join the rest of the troop in their tribute show.
Jim: "Good job fellas."
Frank Oz Muppet: "Thanks."
Jim Henson Muppet: "Come on, gotta get back to our gig..."
Jerry Nelson Muppet: "Yeah... Sara will get to wondering where wev'e been."
The Country Trio left the coffee shop headed back to meet up with their roommate at the moviehouse for that night's concert.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Grover, looking down at Sara... Hmmm, wonder what happened to her. Oh well... *Gives her a hug then runs away back to the theater.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<eyes wide> <points at screen> <mouth moving, no sound>

...EEEEEEE! I, eg, up... MAAA! <shakes head> LANGUAGE! There we go. I can speak human, really, I have that ability. It just tends to walk out on me after I've read some awesome fanfic, for example, Part 9! Yay!

A green frog who, after hearing Grover sing, goes to convince his uncle to include the song as the closing number... Gee, I bet I know who that frog is! <bounces> And... And, just... connecting a few dots, here... I think I might know what the song is, too, and I'm SO excited about it... Oooooh!

And, speaking of songs! There ain't no road too long! I love that song! Oh, how I applaud it! And, can I just say, that I most definitely caught that it was the Jerry Nelson Muppet singing the lines that, in the movie, most definitely were sung by the Count von Count, and I love it! How... perfect! OY is this awesome!

I want more! ...Did you think I wouldn't?... More, please, Count, I love this story!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Not sure when I'll post more though...
This weekend's gonna be hectic, gotta read with my aunt for class and my family comes back from their cruise on Sunday...

But I think you'll like the tribute show I've got lined up. If you've been keeping up with the Muppety references like the corner grocery store run by Bryan and the business next to it, then you'll be able to pick out a few references (apart from the songs) in the tribute show segments.

Oh, and if someone has the lyrics to Can You Picture That?, please send 'em via PM. Thanks.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, Ed that was a wonderful chapter! I loved the interaction with Grover and Jim! It was great! I also enjoyed the song they sang and like everyone else, I'm looking forward to the tribute show, even if it's sad. You're really putting alot of heart into this, I can tell!