One Little Star.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Coming back with tray of sodas to hand out... Eh, I think I heard her talking to Uncle Deadly. Her seat may have been empty... But she'll get here just in time (as the last bit of the chapter implies).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Part 11...

The last row of seats filled up with a few more Muppets. Auntie Eleanor took her seat at the far end, the one with the sign hung on the back by Robin earlier. Two monsters ambled into the seats next to her... Composta Heap and Mulch, Dr. Phil van Neuter's wife and brother-in-law/assistant. Mama Fiama took a chair on the far left, while Seymour took up the one next to her. A few seats were left open in the middle, unsure if they'd be filled up.

All of a sudden the lights became more brilliant and that old familiar drumroll started. An ovaled yellow sign bearing The Muppet Show's logo dropped down in front of the red velvet curtains. A sort of flap opened up in the big white O and Kermit popped his head out through it.
Kermit: "It's The Muppet Show, with our very special guest star, The Palisades Toys Muppets action figures, and Super Grover. Yaaeey!"
The frog deftly moved back inside and the sign lifted, as the theme music started playing. The iconic white arches were now visible, at least the bottom widened arches. As the music started, three large figures came dancing into view, manipulated by their owners. Mega Beaker, Animal, and Gonzo occupied the three lower arches, gesturing to the ones above.

Figures of Miss Piggy, Janice, Skeeter, Camilla, and Bernice the Chicken were the next in line.

Sadie: "What? They made a figure of my daughter too?"
Count: "No, Ms. Grosse. That's a figure Eduardo's 1-man master customizer made using an extra figure he had."
Sadie: "She looks so much like my Skeeter." She said, smiling and leaning back in her chair again.

Figures of Fozzie, Uncle Deadly, Scooter, Sam the Eagle and Rowlf The Dog came in from the other side of the stage, singing their lines.

The camera shifted upwards to the center arch, featuring a figure of Kermit seated on a log base.
Kermit: "To introduce this show...
That's what I'm here to do.
So it really makes me happy.
To introduce to you...

Ladies and gentlemen, the Palisades Toys' Muppets action figure line! Yaaeey!"

But now let's get things started."
Crowd: "Why don't you get things started?"
Statler and Waldorf figures, in their balcony: "Why must you get things started?"

Kermit: "Let's get things started...
On the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational...
This is what we call The Muppet Show!"

As the figures were singing, their voices provided by the real Muppets who owned each figure, the camera kept moving upwards to where Gonzo stood ready with his little bugle.

Gonzo went to blow the bugle for the final note, but nothing happened of course...
Except that a final piano flourish was heard instead, no doubt played by Rowlf in the orchestra pit below.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<giggles at the piano flourish> I'm so excited! <checks that cell phone is turned to off or silent> Oh good. <sits back to enjoy the show> <shifts to edge of seat> <whispers> This is too exciting to sit back for- I just get so excited for shows...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is so great! I love it! I love the appearances of all the Muppet's family members especially Felicia and Wanda! And all of the citizens of Hensonville/Muppet Dorms...ahem...couldn't notice myself not being in attendance in the audience....I'm just kidding you Ed, it's cool. You are really doing a wonderful job with this story and I'm looking forward to more.

BEAR

Reaction score
Mmm! Pass over some of those snacks, will ya? Hey, Beth. You're just a little late I guess. Glad you made it though. :wink: Ed, this is so much fun!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies... Sorry Beth... After asking you for Rowlf's Mom's name to have her present... And I completely didn't notice I missed your name amongst the Hensonville crowd. Well don't worry about it...
Like Bryan said, you just got here abit late, but you haven't missed anything.

Oh, and there's another Hensonville member missing... Wonder if that personage might appear towards the end, though I have a couple of surprises for that.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Good job Ed. Keep it up. I can't wait for more chapters.

(Hey there Beth! Glad you could join us. *hands him some popcorn* Here you go. Sit right here Beth. *shows a seat right by me and Bryan*)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing Kath... And just think... In future stories, you'll be there as part of Hensonville at Fran's Fragrant Flowers.
Did anyone catch the reference to the store's name?

Not sure when more will come, gotta plan the acts and I'm working on a couple of other personal things.

Will see when I can post some more though.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sure thing Kath... And just think... In future stories, you'll be there as part of Hensonville at Fran's Fragrant Flowers.
Did anyone catch the reference to the store's name?
Ah HA!Fran Brill does Prairie. So that's why it's called Fran's:smile:

Not sure when more will come, gotta plan the acts and I'm working on a couple of other personal things.

Will see when I can post some more though.
Take your time,Ed...that's all anyone can ask