One of the most touching moments ever on Sesame

beaker

Reaction score
There is a thread about what you think is the most tear jerking moment in JHC production history.

But I submit to you...a scene from Sesame Street...that I dont care how bitter, cynical, jaded, or 'grown up' you are...this scene will get to you.

The following is the purest example I have ever seen...of just a moment out of time on Sesame.

It's a scene where Kermit is talking with this little black boy named Jon Jon.(It's accounted also in Sesame Unpaved the book)...and I swear, if anyone needs a wakeup call to what it is all about...this, everything...why we are even on this freaking forum...this is it.

That scene just really put things into perspective for me...at near 25 years old. To see the world with this innocence and wonder, free of any of lifes realities or cynicism. To that little boy Kermit *is* real, and is having a real heartfelt connection with Kermit.
Kermit no longer in this moment is Jim Henson with his studied disciplined hand inside a felt puppet, but something real.

There is also a sketch where Kermit is doing the alphabet with a little blonde girl. She suddenly stops the flow of the ABC's with 'Cookie Monster!' At the end of the sketch you see a genuine heartfelt moment between Kermit and the girl.

I think it is in these precious special moments that the Muppets really transcend the medium, and become really just inspiring.

The last time I witnessed this magic was when Bill and Kevin with Pepe and Elmo respecitively came into the front row, competing for the affection of this tiny little girl. Sure, there are two grown men under there, but a testament to their perfected skills is the ability to transcend the artform.

It is these moments, coupled with learning made fun, catchy songs, and great chemistry(like TELLY! heh) that I hope continues on forever and ever on PBS.