One Shots, Parodies, & Trailers!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Place holder name... That makes sense. If you do end up developing Macy as a character in your fics, I'll be interested to read, but you don't have to develop such a character if you don't have any plans for such. You did wonderfully introducing Penny and her son Frankie in Accident on Monday, and there's always room for well-developed characters in the multificverse.

Nope, I does not knows what this DYAC ju speak of is okay. Mainly because I does not have a smarty phone that thinks it is smarter than me okay.

*Goes to Jim's Coffee House to see if they have any cinnabuns with hot chocolate today.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Sooooo.....I've just seen the new movie. And......my brain won't shut up about it.

So I got's ideas (as if I had anything else, right?). So I got a couple and want to know which you wanna see.

#1. Aftermath of the movie: assuming that my previous post of the whole 'I love you' thing is in a cut scene somewhere, I have an idea for an aftermath. In it, Kermit gets our favorite meeting Muppets to discuss just how money they made or lost. Here's some dialogue -

:embarrassed:: Walter said he was bribing the papers to give us good reviews and even bribed the audience!

:mad:: Why didn't we think of that?

:embarrassed:: I know, right!?

And -

:wink:: There's also this bill for rebuilding the theater in Spain and this little medical bill from Selma Heyak.

:smile:: (looking at bill) Why are we being charged for destruction by - and I quote - "act of bull"?

:concern:: (taking bill) I'll take care of that. Simple...misunderstanding with Selma, don't worry. I mean *chuckles* who would've thought indoor bull running was dangerous? (everyone raises their hands) Okay...look, just....shut up.

#2. A Miss Piggy Mup Adventure: So this is more of a fleshed out idea, as I had wanted to do a Mupp Adventure featuring the founding five and in watching Scooby Doo during work today, I got an idea. A parody of the episode "Night for a Fright", Fozzie gets invited to inherit a fortune, only if he can spend the night in the house that's supposedly haunted. Obviously, hijinks and hilarity ensue.

And...that's what my brain spit out. There was a bunch more, believe me, so...so...so much more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know what would be a good oneshot? Scooter caught up in the fun of his "Moves Like Jagger" bit... Then he turns around to find either Kermit or Piggy or even Amanda's been watching the whole time, causing him to return to his "oh, uh, um" shy-guy stage manager demeanor.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
You know what would be a good oneshot? Scooter caught up in the fun of his "Moves Like Jagger" bit... Then he turns around to find either Kermit or Piggy or even Amanda's been watching the whole time, causing him to return to his "oh, uh, um" shy-guy stage manager demeanor.

I did come up with an idea where Gonzo, doing his annual vacation videos, accidentally has him show one where he does a recreation of that Buffalo Bill number from Silence of the Lambs, which he quickly turns off and starts to pack up.

Maybe I'll add that. I do have a ton...read a TON of new ideas thanks to the new movie cause my brain just can't quit the Muppets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What?! *Excited at the 2-Ball preview, sad I won't be here to read it cause Ima going on vacation next week.

Another thing... Because you suggested it, what if you did a oneshot or Mup Adventure treatment of MMW as if it were an SD mystery? C'mon the ending where Dominick as The Lemur practically screams: "and the culprit is... Dominick?! And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Muppets."

You and me got the same problem, my mind's stuck on monsters and NBC fandom, I just can't seem to sort my ideas out though. Drat my need to have everybody numerically assigned. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: Gina, you should check your sig as it's generating the "forum rules violation" message.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
What?! *Excited at the 2-Ball preview, sad I won't be here to read it cause Ima going on vacation next week.
Calm down there, Hushpuppy. :wink: Ain't getting to it yet, just wanted to give you a preview.

Another thing... Because you suggested it, what if you did a oneshot or Mup Adventure treatment of MMW as if it were an SD mystery? C'mon the ending where Dominick as The Lemur practically screams: "and the culprit is... Dominick?! And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Muppets."
Hmmmm....interesting. Possible. Will keep that in mind.

BTW: Gina, you should check your sig as it's generating the "forum rules violation" message.
Yeah and I don't know why. It's four lines, like it's supposed to be. I don't know why it's flipping out. Maybe I'll make it smaller.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
And....here's something that came to me in the shower. I like the concept, but haven't thought of the song yet, so when I have one, this will be an actual...um...something.

Sales & Show
Concept - Muppets are trying to get a town of people to see their show, but can't seem to get people to pay attention. As they stand out in the street, Gonzo has a suggestion.

G: You know what your problem is, Frog, no concept of sales. Or showmanship. Lucky for you, I have both in spades. Observe! *rips shirt to reveal a lifeguard shirt* Oops. *rips the shirt again to reveal an old time striped barker's jacket and tie combo* Ah ha!

F: Gonzo, why do you keep wearing clothes under your clothes?

G: For precise situations like this. Scooter, Rizzo, I'll need your help. *Scooter and Rizzo look at each other before ripping open their jackets to also reveal the same barker style jackets and ties*

K: Oh come on!

Gonzo starts singing, in a "You Got Trouble"/"Monorail" style type about how the town needs class and the Muppets would bring that. He points to a small Muppet man, asking if he benches about 200, 250 pounds. At some point, he points to Piggy to ask her thoughts, which she helpfully supplies.

K: *to Piggy* Don't encourage this.

During, Gonzo throw his arm around Kermit, mid song -

G: I know what you're thinking, sir, and you might be asking yourself, "Gonzo, how do I get on board this train?"

K: I'm not asking that.

G: *pushes Kermit out of hte way and throws his arm around Fozzie, who's standing next to him* I know what you're thinking sir and you might be asking yourself, "Gonzo, how do I get on board this train?"

After the song -

G: *to Kermit* So what did we learn today?

K: I'm surrounded by lunatics.

G: Aw, come on, you've known that for a while. I mean, for today.

K: I need non-lunatics as friends?

G: You're hopeless

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that we have Smells Like Swagger, Moves Like Jagger wonderfully written by Ruahnna, here's another MMW-related oneshot that's buzzing in my skull, will it let me be I cannot tell.
*Stops before reciting the rest of the lyrics from "Jack's Obsession", or my own obsession depending on whom you talk to.

During the song "We're Doing A Sequel", :sympathy: contributes his own idea, which :smile: shoots down for being too dark.
Here's my pitch: After the music number finishes, Foo-Foo finds Rowlf either at the piano or at the studio's commisary nursing a half-drunken beer bottle. Concerned for Rowlfie, she sits next to him, asking if that plot idea was real or not. Deciding it's been long enough, wanting to unburden himself, he reveals that yes, that plot idea was true. The lonely dog who saw something he should never have seen was him. And the terrible secret he's had to live with for the rest of his life? Witnissing in person that scene from War of the Roses where Michael Rose's dog gets turned into paté. He confesses he's never been able to watch another movie starring Kathleen Turner since.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Now that we have Smells Like Swagger, Moves Like Jagger wonderfully written by Ruahnna, here's another MMW-related oneshot that's buzzing in my skull, will it let me be I cannot tell.
*Stops before reciting the rest of the lyrics from "Jack's Obsession", or my own obsession depending on whom you talk to.

During the song "We're Doing A Sequel", :sympathy: contributes his own idea, which :smile: shoots down for being too dark.
Here's my pitch: After the music number finishes, Foo-Foo finds Rowlf either at the piano or at the studio's commisary nursing a half-drunken beer bottle. Concerned for Rowlfie, she sits next to him, asking if that plot idea was real or not. Deciding it's been long enough, wanting to unburden himself, he reveals that yes, that plot idea was true. The lonely dog who saw something he should never have seen was him. And the terrible secret he's had to live with for the rest of his life? Witnissing in person that scene from War of the Roses where Michael Rose's dog gets turned into paté. He confesses he's never been able to watch another movie starring Kathleen Turner since.
Hmmmm, there's a thought and sadly, I can't remember what Rowlf's idea was. I remember Fozzie's (obviously), I remember Beaker's (Chef's?) was the foreign film, I THINK Gonzo had an idea, and something tells me that Piggy's was about getting married (yeah, pretty sure that one happened), Rowlf's....does not ring a bell.

May have to look that up for a revisit.