One Thing Led To Another (POTC/MTI based)

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
“Reed moor, cap’n!” The stubby buccaneer cried.

“Very good, men! Anchor the Plunderers’ Scorn!” I ordered.

If they followed my orders, they’d live. I had been through these dangerous swamps with the natives as a young man in my early twenties. The fog thickened in the dark of the night. This would not make our job any easier. “Stand guard!” I declared. The singing of the crickets challenged my sanity. The birds laughed at my weariness. I wasn’t going to fall for their trickery. The smell of mud filled my nostrils---something metallic as well.

It wasn’t a pleasant smell.

I smelled blood.

I turned around to face my faceless crew in the fog. I noted a more rounder-shaped individual of abnormal size. Squinty eyes grew tighter as I went for a better look; turned out it was not necessary as the monstrous figure swooped down for a bite.

“A Venus Flytrap!” I bellowed. I took out my gun, taking a good aim to its bulbous head. Shrieks similar to a banshee echoed in the wind. Other plants joined in the fun giving the others a run for their lives.

“What of the treasure, you dunce?” Cried the greedy crustacean in my ear, unwise was he to speak to me in that tone. My hand wrapped violently around his neck to prevent any more air from passing through. “Talk to me like that again and I’ll cook you for tomorrow’s dinner!” I barked. He nodded vigorously. I released him from my grip. “Any more back flash from you, and you would have been dead within a matter of seconds.” I taunted with a sneer.

He looked to me grudgingly.

The battle between humanity and nature would have bedazzled me as a child. Of course, my feelings had changed since then. The thoughts of adventure simmered into fear each time such a situation occured. Returning to the fight was not an easy task.

“Easier said than done.” I said in an attempt to sooth my insecurities. Sadly the sight was not a pretty one to behold…a little too graphic for even words.

I cocked my gun swiftly, shooting out as many bullets as possible for a good aim. A collection of varying bullets flew violently in the air colliding with fleshy stems and red-headed flowers. Even more shrieks sounded---each one leading us closer to an end to the war.

Thankfully, these wars were short-lived, but never without consequence. As if by magic, the fog cleared. I had my team tend to the less fortunate on the ship. Oddly enough, Clueless Morgan’s stupidity did not save him this time. He had a small bruise on his side. Alright, so his clumsy nature did save him. It was a miracle sometimes. I suppose ignorance is indeed bliss.

Entering a small hut, I saw a taunting smile come my way. The temptress rushed to me enthusiastically. The aura around her was playful, yet nebulous.

I stared into her coal-black eyes; talking as gently as possible---the woman had tried my patience many times before. She could not hear me it seemed. The voodoo practitioner seemed too involved into her own world to even reply. A twinkle shone in those mysterious orbs; a sense of mischief overwhelmed her. Her ebony hands slid into my pale ones. Her lips parted, revealing black teeth, only to release a soft whisper into my ear. Despite her flaws, she was tempting in almost everyway.

Her rough hair smelled of ashes with a pleasant blend of swamp. Her scent was an all too familiar smell—a reminder of something, or someone dear I had left behind. To escape the memory, I cupped her face gently. “Do not tempt me any further.” I demanded steely. “Shouldn’t toy with a mans’ heart. That in itself is an all too familiar story, hmm?” I said, reflecting the cold expression she had.

The mystic woman’s eyes narrowed “My heart is already taken, Jimmy.” She said heavy with emotion consisting of untapped rage. Her nails dug into my arms sharply. I did not flinch, not even a bit. I wasn’t the same child who thirsted for adventure, only to scamper away in fear. I was now a man stained with inner turmoil and hate. I brought my hands to her bony shoulders. Her expression was hard and unkind when I gazed once more into her stare.

“I see you had the same fate as Davy Jones, Calypso?”

]The Goddess snarled angrily at my words. Oh yes, she was very much like the ocean, Unpredictable, swift, fearful, and untamed. “Yes, bound to land once more, child.” She said, taking a seat into her wood-rotten chair. “Made a deal with Hades.” She said simply, not wanting to discuss anything more specific.

Her eyes lingered on a small pouch lying near her black sharp nails.

I finally understood where this was going. “What makes you think I’ll help a traitor? You sold my compass. A treasure I held most dear to my heart.” I cried, slamming my fist against the small table. It immediately collapsed from such a force. She grabbed my wrist. My wrist turned into something horrid. My skin slowly faded revealing its true white anatomy. I pulled away. “Where are my manners?” I said forcefully.

“Tank you, Jimmy. Let us begin, shall we?”

“First tell me where my compass is.”

“You will get it bach soon.”

“How soon?”

“As soon as you shut your mouth, boy.”

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
xP Yes, based after World's End.
There may be some Elizabeth Swann bashing because, frankly...
She is the biggest Mary-Sue (All perfect type woman) since Snow White.

I won't overdo it, though.
That ruins my amateurish stories.

:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Claudi-Claudi-Claud-Claud-Claud-Claudi-Claud-Claudi-Claudi-Claudia! Tis a good start lass... Then again, I'm depending on you and Sean to educate me on this Pirates movie franchise through your Muppety crossover fics. But I'm intrigued about this angle concerning Calypso and Hades.
More please? When you can of course.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Oh, I'll gladly give you an overview of the triology.
Today I'll make sure to update. :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sweetie, this story is so intriguing. Set after the events of World's End, you say? So awesomely marvelous!:excited:

Please post more. I want to read more! NOW! *faints due to high blood pressure*

LoL! ^_^

Pork

Reaction score
I'm extremely intrigued. It's a very good start and i'm looking forward to some more...Please.

I never did see worlds end, so this will inform me a little.

Thanks for posting this Squeekums. Always love to read your fics.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Porkyyy!
-Glompsnughuggle-
Could you pm me the first chapter you sent me from star wars?
I accidently erased it. D:

Pork

Reaction score
Sure I can, which chapter? the very first one, or the first PM of the ones I sent you t'other day?

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
The one you tried to send me awhile ago. D:
Sah-ree!
That's why I haven't edited any!

I was like...

:O NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

X)

I love you, Porky.
Don't spear me! XD

Pork

Reaction score