One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

Slackbot

Reaction score
The big billboard didn't exactly annoy me, but it did pop me out of the reality of the movie for a moment. I saw it and thought "Yeah, Disney cross-promotion in action," then shrugged. I wouldn't have minded if it was a little subtler, but it was right there in my face. "HEY! CARS 2!!"

I don't know if most people, who aren't as aware of Disney's ties and such, would think this way, or would really notice the billboard, though.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Still the topic is about "The Muppets" and what annoyed us in the movie. I'm not saying the billboard annoyed me to the point I didnt love the movie and like I said I wasn't surprised at all when I saw it I just felt it was not needed. I was so into the movie the first time I saw it I never really picked up on it till the second time seeing it in the theater. So shows how much I actually cared? But now that I know it's in there it just pops out. But ehh whatever you only saw it for a split second. The last thing on my mind watching it was a Cars 2 billboard. Lol.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I must be really blind because I don't remember seeing a Cars 2 poster. Can anyone tell me where in the movie it is?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I must be really blind because I don't remember seeing a Cars 2 poster. Can anyone tell me where in the movie it is?
It's right after Kermit and Fozzie have their talk. Right before the scene where Piggy comes back.

Walter

Reaction score
Personally, I think the appearance of that Cars 2 billboard was nothing more than a mere coincidence and that it was just "there" and not anything done on purpose.
Actually, it was added in on purpose.. They admit it in this article..:laugh:

http://disney.go.com/disneyinsider/going-places-no-muppet-has-gone-before

WHAT CHALLENGES DID YOU FACE WITH THAT SCENE?Removing the cleat lights and putting them back in. Plus, we had to change the whole front of the theatre and remove our base camp, which was behind the Theatre -- you could see it as the helicopter blew in. We even changed the posters that lined the street to "Cars 2" because it was being released on DVD when the movie was coming out. That shot took a lot longer than we expected, but it was really fun getting all those people in there and making it look so effortless.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I really don't see the big deal about it. If anything, all it does is make the movie a tad dated...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It could possibly be considering both of the Cars movies weren't necessarily Disney/Pixar's best, that they felt to have a Cars 2 posted hidden in the movie was too great an insult, or simply the idea of Disney having to cross-promote another project of theirs in a Muppet movie, I don't know.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The only thing that was a coincidence in that movie was the Jim Henson banner you see on the lamp post.